November 24, 2017, 08:12:16 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Spurs  (Read 29793 times)

March 07, 2012, 07:04:56 PM
Reply #45

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't Saha play for us in the cup?

If so, doesn't that make him ineligible to play?

:tit:
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

March 08, 2012, 04:39:37 AM
Reply #46

American Evertonian

Tbf it would actually be a good call getting jags some mins on the pitch with the busy schedule coming up.

Still sends a terrible message to Distin and Tinga if they get benched/moved for Jags. Moyes will lose all credibility with them and a few other players on the team if he just lets his favorites walk back in when everyone else has been playing well. I could not see that going over well with Drenthe if his fellow Dutchman gets pulled even with good performances.

I personally will be outraged w/ Moyes if he does this.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 08, 2012, 02:20:22 PM
Reply #47

christiffa25

American evertonian... Are u for real????

Fergie, Mancini, wenger, dalglish ect must have alot of very un happy players if that's how you think it works. Squad rotation is something we'v actually lacked for years.

I think heitinga is a bigger enough boy if the boss pulled him to one side explaining he was being rested for this particular game to accept and understand you don't play every single game. And I don't think drenthe will give 2 shits if someone else isn't in the team!

I actually will be pissed if moyes doesn't rotate the squad for the busy period! 

March 08, 2012, 02:22:08 PM
Reply #48

wigster

jags will be benched for a while i reckon. cant be dropping heitinga after his performances last few months. I personally think he is far better centre half anyway. distribution is defining factor for me...
tony scores we riot

March 08, 2012, 03:28:29 PM
Reply #49

Alanvideo

Didn't Saha play for us in the cup?

If so, doesn't that make him ineligible to play?
............we're not playing Spurs in the cup are we ? My question is - why hasn't Saha been crocked yet ? is it because he actually WANTS  to play for 'Arry ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 08, 2012, 03:33:29 PM
Reply #50

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone know if we will be wearing our new Nike kit?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 08, 2012, 03:56:48 PM
Reply #51

hateyoubutler

Aren't Spurs wealthier than us?

I thought this money argument governed everything, isn't this why Moyes wins fuck all?

Or is it fanny?

March 08, 2012, 06:22:07 PM
Reply #52

littlebluef3

2-1 win colemon jelavic and adebayor for them jelavic to come on and score near the end

March 08, 2012, 07:06:33 PM
Reply #53

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
jags will be benched for a while i reckon. cant be dropping heitinga after his performances last few months. I personally think he is far better centre half anyway. distribution is defining factor for me...

It shouldn't be for a CB.

Heitinga has played well over the past 2 months or so; I was particularly impressed with how he helped Duffy through the games he played in.

However QPR was a good example of why, certainly in the past, Moyes has favoured the other two over him.

Zamora completely dominated him in all aspects. The main reason for that was Heitinga's lack of physical presence. Jags isn't much taller than Jonny, but he's a lot quicker and more powerful. He'll rarely get dominated like that.

I'm not saying that he should be brought straight back in but I can see why Moyes would maybe favour him in the grand scheme of things.

March 08, 2012, 07:17:28 PM
Reply #54

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Heitinga has played well over the past 2 months or so; I was particularly impressed with how he helped Duffy through the games he played in.

However QPR was a good example of why, certainly in the past, Moyes has favoured the other two over him.

Zamora completely dominated him in all aspects. The main reason for that was Heitinga's lack of physical presence. Jags isn't much taller than Jonny, but he's a lot quicker and more powerful. He'll rarely get dominated like that.

I'm not saying that he should be brought straight back in but I can see why Moyes would maybe favour him in the grand scheme of things.

I was surprised Distin didnt pick Zamora up

Simply simply lovely

March 08, 2012, 07:43:54 PM
Reply #55

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I was surprised Distin didnt pick Zamora up

I suppose Zamora would have just run over to the other side every time Distin followed him. That would cause havoc in the defence.

March 08, 2012, 11:56:36 PM
Reply #56

The Golden Vision

Can see Moyes using the injury to gibson and the fitness of rodwell to bring heitinga into midfield which allows

1. Strong defensive cover (negative in some peoples eyes)
2. Bring Jags into defence who moyes seems to view as undroppable

March 08, 2012, 11:59:25 PM
Reply #57

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

serious ???   Only in England you accept CB who can't play football - Everton shouldn't accept it - a terrible day the day Jags is prefered to Heitinga - wonder why we have so few goals against us when Johnny is playing instead of Jags - Because Jags can't hit a blue player resulting in the opponents having it way to easy getting the ball back - the next thing will be praising Straq who is nearly as bad a footballer as Jags

March 09, 2012, 01:45:57 AM
Reply #58

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
  serious ???   Only in England you accept CB who can't play football - Everton shouldn't accept it - a terrible day the day Jags is prefered to Heitinga - wonder why we have so few goals against us when Johnny is playing instead of Jags - Because Jags can't hit a blue player resulting in the opponents having it way to easy getting the ball back - the next thing will be praising Straq who is nearly as bad a footballer as Jags

So nobody has told him
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 09, 2012, 02:26:46 AM
Reply #59

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber