August 21, 2019, 11:38:29 AM

Author Topic: Dirk Kuyt  (Read 3567 times)

February 08, 2010, 12:34:56 AM
Reply #15

fast lane

I've even heard rs fans calling him an average workhorse.
I can't warm to him either, and the fact that a mate and his family are besotted with him (Feyenoord fans) doesn't help.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

February 08, 2010, 12:59:02 AM
Reply #16

Bluenose 91

I honestly think he is a very poor player, he has the work rate and that's about it.  No better than Andy Johnson.

February 08, 2010, 02:48:24 AM
Reply #17

Rhys

I have always rated him. He is decent technically, good with both feet, ok in the air, good movement, very intelligent and and a very had worker. He may not be an exceptional player but you put everything he has together and he is a good good player. Very useful to have as he sets up a lot of goals whilst getting his fair share as well. I wish we had got him when we 'bid' for him the year before they got him.

February 08, 2010, 02:57:36 AM
Reply #18

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed with Gareth. Vermillion, maybe better with his feet than Cahill, but Cahill is far superior in the air.

Fair enough, then he's Cahill with better footballing ability but less abilty in the air.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 08, 2010, 03:00:05 AM
Reply #19

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough, then he's Cahill with better footballing ability but less abilty in the air.

For me he is closer to Pienaar. Better in the air but nowhere near as good on the deck. Both work the flanks well but neither cross brilliantly.

February 09, 2010, 03:10:24 AM
Reply #20

ilikebrunettes

the "best defensive striker in the world"... thats how my Red shite mate describes him
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough