November 19, 2017, 02:54:50 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Sporting lisbon  (Read 26575 times)

February 13, 2010, 07:45:16 PM
Reply #30

.Rimbo.

Howard

Neville Senderos Distin Baines

Donovan Fellaini* Arteta Pienaar

Cahill

Saha

*if Fellaini isn't fit, toss up between Osman and Rodwell. I'd go with Osman.

3-1

Saha, Arteta p.k., Donovan.

February 13, 2010, 11:06:33 PM
Reply #31

ToxtethBlue

It's difficult for me to predict anything because I haven't seen much of Sporting this season, to be honest. The last time I saw them play Paulo Bento was in charge, so I'm sure Carvalhal will have changed things around a bit, in terms of style and formation.

I'm looking forward to the game, I think we'll finally get to show what we are about in Europe with a proper squad of players to pick from. The games against Benfica wasn't a true reflection of this team. Hopefully Osman and Arteta play like they did against Chelsea because both players will revel with the extra time and space on the ball European games allow you to have.

I'm a little be worried about a back four without Johnny Heitinga, that's one thing I'd say. Senderos has something to prove though, so hopefully he steps up to the plate. I'd probably with a similar team to the on against Chelsea but with Pienaar and Senderos in for Heitinga and Bilyaletdinov.
ToxtethBlue

February 14, 2010, 01:54:05 AM
Reply #32

billyman

No worries, easy win, we are a far better team who are playing well, SL are on a downslope of form no wins in 5 games i think + i read something about one of their better players returning to Moscow.

The manager is under pressure so this would be a good game to ease a bit of pressure but an earylish goal will pile the pressure on!

..................Howard..... ..................

Neville......Senderos...Disti n...Baines

Donavon.....Osman...Arteta... Pienaar

......................Cahill. ...................

.......................Saha.. ..................

February 15, 2010, 02:58:43 AM
Reply #33

Thom

Administrator
Senderos in for Heitinga as the only change from the Chelsea match.

2-0 to us. Saha and Yakubu (from the bench).

February 15, 2010, 04:56:50 AM
Reply #34

Abraders

Why are you guys putting in Pienaar when Bily had a good game against Chelsea and Pienaar's form has been poor in recent matches?

February 15, 2010, 05:04:08 AM
Reply #35

evertonjoe

Why are you guys putting in Pienaar when Bily had a good game against Chelsea and Pienaar's form has been poor in recent matches?

Because Bily has proven he can't play two matches in a row without looking totally knackered at this point and prior to the Wigan and Redshite games Pienaar was in good form.

R.A.P Music

February 15, 2010, 05:32:58 AM
Reply #36

Abraders

Because Bily has proven he can't play two matches in a row without looking totally knackered at this point and prior to the Wigan and Redshite games Pienaar was in good form.
Hmm i dont't know, we'll see :S

February 15, 2010, 05:46:16 AM
Reply #37

DannyR

Sporting have lost 6 on the bounce, could make them more up for it
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

February 15, 2010, 06:54:29 AM
Reply #38

bloody scally

Pienaar is more than likely to excel in this type of match. Pienaar ahead of Billy.

February 15, 2010, 05:50:00 PM
Reply #39

DannyR

Pienaar is more than likely to excel in this type of match. Pienaar ahead of Billy.
This
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

February 15, 2010, 10:52:15 PM
Reply #40

Fellainis Hairdresser

tough one this

howard
neville senderos distin baines
donovan osman arteta pienaar
cahill
saha

2-1, saha donovan, liedson  (you know well concede its everton!!)
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

February 16, 2010, 12:13:39 AM
Reply #41

blueblood1988

Howard

Yobo (for his pace against those greasy cunts)
Distin
Baines
Neville

Rodwell (dont concede? better option than osman)
Arteta

Pienaar
Cahill
Donavon

Saha

February 16, 2010, 12:57:39 AM
Reply #42

HungryHungryHibbo

I'd go with Osman over Rodwell at the moment, actually. Osman's in good form and Rodwell's not tip top
coyb

February 16, 2010, 04:17:24 AM
Reply #43

ToffeeBlue83

Which Everton are we going to see? The one that rolled over and died at Anfield or the team that outplayed Chelsea??
That's why it is hard to predict, plus I don't know much about Sporting. It's just nice to be able to have a strong team to play in Europe again.
Just really want a result, it's depressing when your season is ended before the end of February. Most tipsters seem to fancy the draw but I'm tempted to back us to win though can see us conceding an away goal. 2-1
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:06:45 PM by ToffeeBlue83 »
Royal Blue Mersey - the web's newest Everton blog

February 16, 2010, 04:31:11 PM
Reply #44

Dr. Sponge

________Howard
Neville_Yobo_Distin_Baines
Donovan_Osman_Arteta_Pienaar
_________Cahill
_________Saha

I think that's our strongest available 11, maybe we'll see a few surprises who knows?

Liverpool and Birmingham were blips. I don't underestimate Sporting, I think they're a good side, but I'm going for 3-1... as it's been pointed out already, we're Everton of course we'll concede, probably first.