September 25, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Author Topic: Summer Dealings  (Read 15558 times)

February 14, 2010, 10:25:50 PM
Reply #15

.Rimbo.

I agree that if we are to bring Senderos in either Yobo or Distin will have to make way and to me the only departure out of the two that makes sense is Yobo. He will bring in a bigger fee than Distin and of the two players I believe Distin has looked a lot more solid this season (especially in the recent games against Chelsea, Sunderland and Man City though granted he has had a few shockers too but if he's not playing regularly then inconsistancy isn't a huge problem). Also, despite the fact Yobo is younger he appears to be more injury prone than Distin and I would think that the Yobo would be less likely to accept being back up to Jags and Heitinga.

"the Yobo" lolol Love it!

Ah well, mate, it's swings and roundabouts. I see what you're saying, I just prefer Yobo. And he's accepted being back-up most of his Everton career has our Joey.

February 14, 2010, 10:26:12 PM
Reply #16

Endless, Nameless

I agree that if we are to bring Senderos in either Yobo or Distin will have to make way and to me the only departure out of the two that makes sense is Yobo. He will bring in a bigger fee than Distin and of the two players I believe Distin has looked a lot more solid this season (especially in the recent games against Chelsea, Sunderland and Man City though granted he has had a few shockers too but if he's not playing regularly then inconsistancy isn't a huge problem). Also, despite the fact Yobo is younger he appears to be more injury prone than Distin and I would think that the Yobo would be less likely to accept being back up to Jags and Heitinga.

Distin is better right now, fitter and weirdly not worth as much. Yobo has not been good for a while now.

Also, with Distin, it gives us the added option of a really tall CB for when we are playing Spurs or something.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 14, 2010, 10:29:58 PM
Reply #17

evertonjoe

Distin is better right now, fitter and weirdly not worth as much. Yobo has not been good for a while now.

Also, with Distin, it gives us the added option of a really tall CB for when we are playing Spurs or something.

Also Distin is a proficient left back and has a huge long throw that can be used when we need a goal. Yobo has none of these things as his attempts to play anywhere other than centre half are often hilarious and painful. That being said he has been a wonderful servant to the club and I would be sad to see him leave. The same can be said for most of our long serving players.

R.A.P Music

February 14, 2010, 10:31:38 PM
Reply #18

Danny

Have to disagree that noone would pay 5 million for Distin, West Brom or Newcastle coming up would love a player like him to sure up their defence never mind the likes of Fulham, Bolton, Hull and West ham if they stay up.

February 14, 2010, 10:32:30 PM
Reply #19

Jamokachi

Yobo is a far better defender than Distin. To even entertain a thought otherwise is ludicrous.

February 14, 2010, 10:33:13 PM
Reply #20

cantoffee

Also Distin is a proficient left back and has a huge long throw that can be used when we need a goal. Yobo has none of these things as his attempts to play anywhere other than centre half are often hilarious and painful. That being said he has been a wonderful servant to the club and I would be sad to see him leave. The same can be said for most of our long serving players.

Why does everyone think Distin can play left back? He's never played there before, just because he's left footed doesn't mean he can play left back.

February 14, 2010, 10:34:31 PM
Reply #21

.Rimbo.

Distin should definitely be left back...

...in the changies,

Seriously though, I think he'd make a poor, poor left back.

February 14, 2010, 10:37:06 PM
Reply #22

evertonjoe

Why does everyone think Distin can play left back? He's never played there before, just because he's left footed doesn't mean he can play left back.

Distin regularly used to play left back for Manchester City whilst he was there so to say he has never played there is ridiculous. I remember him scoring a brilliant goal for them whilst playing left back once as well.

R.A.P Music

February 14, 2010, 10:37:50 PM
Reply #23

cantoffee

Distin should definitely be left back...

...in the changies,

Seriously though, I think he'd make a poor, poor left back.

Completely agree, he'd be murdered out there, anyone with a bit of pace or trickery and he'd be done for. Could you imagine him trying to link up with Pienaar? Probably run him over

February 14, 2010, 10:41:51 PM
Reply #24

.Rimbo.

Completely agree, he'd be murdered out there, anyone with a bit of pace or trickery and he'd be done for. Could you imagine him trying to link up with Pienaar? Probably run him over

First genuine LOL of the day. Cheers, canno' lolol

February 14, 2010, 10:56:15 PM
Reply #25

MattyEFC

Yobo is a far better defender than Distin. To even entertain a thought otherwise is ludicrous.

this.
COYB!

February 14, 2010, 10:59:06 PM
Reply #26

evertonjoe

But does that statement really stand up against performances this season. I haven't seen Yobo produce a performance of anywhere near the quality of Distin's against Chelsea in the week.

R.A.P Music

February 14, 2010, 11:25:45 PM
Reply #27

Endless, Nameless

But does that statement really stand up against performances this season. I haven't seen Yobo produce a performance of anywhere near the quality of Distin's against Chelsea in the week.

I'm with you all the way. Yobo at his prime was better than Distin at his prime, but right now and for the rest of their careers, I can only see Distin being the best.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 14, 2010, 11:35:23 PM
Reply #28

.Rimbo.

And I haven't seen Yobo play as bad as Distin did vs. Liverpool or Birmingham.

February 14, 2010, 11:55:24 PM
Reply #29

thecadet

Donovan would cost about £5m max based on his contract with Galaxy. Remember, until Beckham went stateside, no 'soccer' player was a big earner
Fides Quaerens Intellectum