November 18, 2017, 01:43:46 AM

Author Topic: Sporting vs Everton  (Read 38926 times)

February 26, 2010, 05:06:50 AM
Reply #315

Endless, Nameless

They did, yes. You can't deny that Hodgson has more experience of continental football than Moyes though. People seem to be forgetting this. The fact they are doing well in Europe is no surprise to me.

Oh no, I do completely agree with you, I'm just talking specifically about tonight's performance.

I honestly don't see the point in us competing in Europe anymore, as we just aren't good enough (mentally). We get no money from the EL, and it stretches our small squad even further. It's a poison challice, filled with fucking rohypnol...
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 26, 2010, 05:08:40 AM
Reply #316

Gash

Global Moderator
Oh no, I do completely agree with you, I'm just talking specifically about tonight's performance.

I honestly don't see the point in us competing in Europe anymore, as we just aren't good enough (mentally). We get no money from the EL, and it stretches our small squad even further. It's a poison challice, filled with fucking rohypnol...

So we'll just settle for a cosy mid table finish then?

February 26, 2010, 05:11:23 AM
Reply #317

Endless, Nameless

So we'll just settle for a cosy mid table finish then?

If we're fucking lucky at this rate...

I'm serious though Gash, mate. What's the point in giving it 100% in one European game and 0% in the next? You need to give it your best for the whole of the competition, and anything but a trophy from the EL is a loss for the club. There's no money and too many games.

February 26, 2010, 05:11:27 AM
Reply #318

blue for you

to make things worst fulham and redshites won tonight fuck it iam off to bed

February 26, 2010, 05:12:04 AM
Reply #319

Jamokachi

There's always a point. And I pray we're there again next season.

February 26, 2010, 05:13:07 AM
Reply #320

Endless, Nameless

to make things worst fulham and redshites won tonight fuck it iam off to bed

Good luck to Fulham. I hope they meet the reds in the final and twat them.

February 26, 2010, 05:20:17 AM
Reply #321

Gash

Global Moderator
If we're fucking lucky at this rate...

I'm serious though Gash, mate. What's the point in giving it 100% in one European game and 0% in the next? You need to give it your best for the whole of the competition, and anything but a trophy from the EL is a loss for the club. There's no money and too many games.

Mate, that's exactly the point I made on another thread, people last week banging on about top 4. Now your saying we'll be lucky to get mid table.

What's the point in giving it 100% in one European game and 0% in the next? You could say the same in the league. Why bother at all?

February 26, 2010, 05:21:11 AM
Reply #322

Seaforth Blue

The fact of the matter is there were eleven men in blue out there tonight who couldn't have given a fuck. Not one of them was interested.
Kopites are Gobshites

February 26, 2010, 05:21:43 AM
Reply #323

Endless, Nameless

Mate, that's exactly the point I made on another thread, people last week banging on about top 4. Now your saying we'll be lucky to get mid table.

What's the point in giving it 100% in one European game and 0% in the next? You could say the same in the league. Why bother at all?

Because in the league you play 38 games. If you lose one week, you can try harder the next. In Europe if you lose, you drop out.

February 26, 2010, 05:43:35 AM
Reply #324

toffee_scot

I think the Europa League proved to be too much of a burden particularly at the start of the season, however the team we had on paper tonight should have got something out of the game but apart from the first 2 minutes and Pienaar's attempt, we didn't deserve to get anything at all.

February 26, 2010, 10:40:49 AM
Reply #325

slothzen

At this point if we don't at least get 6th, I'll say it was a failing season. And, barring more nasty injuries, next season I'll expect a lot more from our squad.

February 26, 2010, 01:10:47 PM
Reply #326

Derek

Right, on a more positive note. We now have only the PL to worry about and we can go all out to ensure we get European football again next season.

With Heitinga available for next seasons European campaign we'll have enough heart to win every game!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 26, 2010, 02:19:49 PM
Reply #327

Sres

Looking back at the game and looking at individual performances I would honestly say that Yobo & Senderos as a back 4 pair should never ever happen again.

The fact that they played so deep because of their lack of pace was key factor in their possession in and around the box and the midfield was awful.

Osman was man marking Moutinho (who was man of the match) and was completely out of the game.

Bily... I dunno, I think he's too hit and miss this season, I'd give him another season, he may do a Pienaar and improve.

However his chances maybe scuppered with the World Cup (If he gets picked).

February 26, 2010, 03:06:17 PM
Reply #328

chang

But, he is a young manager and still learning

I am not sure this is valid comment anymore, Moyes has been a manager for well over 10 years, 7 year in EPL and 4 European campaigns. For sure he will in the eyes of me and others make mistakes, as will even the very best.

We played really well in one attack last night.....LOL

But one shot on target and 2 corners (?) is pathetic, as was our passing and ball retention.

ho hum.