December 13, 2018, 03:12:09 PM

Author Topic: Sporting vs Everton  (Read 47645 times)

February 22, 2010, 05:53:27 AM
Read 47645 times

.Rimbo.

1-2

Saha, Bilya'

Howard

Neville Yobo Senderos Baines

Donovan Osman Arteta Pienaar

Bilya'

Saha
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 08:47:20 AM by .Rimbo. »

February 22, 2010, 06:21:22 PM
Reply #1

.Rimbo.

Howard

Neville
Yobo
Senderos
Baines

Donovan
Osman
Pienaar

Bilya

Saha
Anichebe

No Mikel? I think he's so vital to us in Europe and definitely worth a start.

I think the team pretty much picks itself, the only question is what to do with Bilya, Donovan and Pienaar. All can play on both wings and behind Saha so it'll be interesting to see who he puts where. I think it was Pienaar mainly who had the duty of supporting Saha, with Arteta and Osman also alternating late runs.

February 22, 2010, 07:00:22 PM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

No, no Mikel.  I think its been too much too soon for him lately, and I believe we can do it without him starting.  Ideal game for Victor IMO.

Victor's a good option in Europe, aye, but mainly off the bench I think.

February 22, 2010, 08:53:52 PM
Reply #3

.Rimbo.

The more I think about it, the more I think he may start with Yakubu. He played really well when he came on in the home tie, it'd give the in-form Saha a rest and he'd knacker their defence down. Then, if we need a goal, Saha/Anichebe could come on against a tired back four. I remember Victor accrediting his game-changing performance in Nurnburg to Yakubu, who worked tirelessly for 75 minutes to wear them down.

The only reason I think he may not do that is because Saha is bang in-form, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But Saha has played an awful lot of games this season, and we'll need him fresh for the game at the Lane. I'll stick with my original team, however, but I think Yakubu could be a possibility.

February 22, 2010, 08:59:40 PM
Reply #4

.Rimbo.

Yep, I'd like to see the Yak given a shot.

I hope we continue with the positive vein of football that we've tapped into.

Me too, mate. But we always seem more willing to "play it on the carpet" in Europe, so I think we'll see expansive play. Hopefully Donovan, Pienaar and Osman can make the late runs from midfield like they were against United because they just couldn't live with us, and they're a far better side than Lisbon.

I'm very, very confident.

February 23, 2010, 07:26:55 PM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

February 25, 2010, 06:40:05 AM
Reply #6

.Rimbo.

I have never wanted to mount a man before, but I'm starting to get the urge now...

Fuckin' hell lad! You can't just post things like that up. People go on this site in work and in school etc. Christ, kids go on this website.

February 25, 2010, 08:35:26 PM
Reply #7

.Rimbo.

It had long been believed that the world revolves around Jags. That has since been disproven as the world revolves around the sun, which comes out of Jagielka's arse.

lolol