November 21, 2017, 10:38:29 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool V Everton  (Read 54802 times)

March 11, 2012, 09:08:56 PM
Reply #45

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
No, winning the midfield battle 'wise'.

As I wrote in my original post.

Yes, I know Neville is shit creatively. But if you don't think Dalglish is going to have his side kick the shit out of us, you're not recalling many Anfield derbies of recent years.

He's a shit tackler aswell tho and cant read the game, he brings absolutely nothing to the team. Osman gives as good as he gets when things start getting nasty.

March 11, 2012, 09:09:27 PM
Reply #46

Blue Phoenix

so 2/3 bloody tackles makes you want Neville in the middle of the park? jesus christ  :headbang:  :headbang:

Who else do you put alongside Fellaini then?

Osman? No, too lightweight.
Heitinga? No, better in the back four and can't tackle without giving free kicks away.
Barkley? No, too young/inexperienced/derby not the game to introduce him.
Rodwell? Maybe, but he wasn't exactly setting the world alight in midfield earlier this season.

There really aren't too many options for the derby. Neville is the best of a limited bunch of options. Believe me, I'd rather leave him at right back too, but of the 3 Merseyside derbies we have won in the past 8 years, the victories have all stemmed from winning the midfield battle, be it subduing Lucas, Gerrard or whoever.

March 11, 2012, 09:10:20 PM
Reply #47

Blue Phoenix

He's a shit tackler aswell tho and cant read the game, he brings absolutely nothing to the team. Osman gives as good as he gets when things start getting nasty.

Couldn't disagree more. I guess we'll just have to leave it at that.

March 11, 2012, 09:12:07 PM
Reply #48

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
i would stay with Osman, he did well yeswterday and so what if he is lightweight, he has quick feet and can actually pass to a blue player.
Neville is shit, he cant tackle, he would get shoved off the ball just as much as osman would, he cant cross, he cant pass, he isnt creative.

if you want a player to pass backwards during a counter attack, neville is your man.

if he is named as a centre mid for the game, we will lose.
I have to return some videotapes.

March 11, 2012, 09:13:32 PM
Reply #49

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Couldn't disagree more. I guess we'll just have to leave it at that.

Fair enough

My team would be

Howard
Hibbert     Heitinga                Distin        Baines

Coleman    Felliani                 Rodwell      Pienarr

Osman

Jelavic

March 11, 2012, 09:22:02 PM
Reply #50

Blue Phoenix

Neville is shit, he cant tackle, he would get shoved off the ball just as much as osman would

Really? Even after the famous Ronaldo tackle that 'changed our season' in 08/09, and the Cole tackle that led to Strac's goal vs Chelsea this season? I'd say Neville can tackle. Maybe not brilliant all the time, but I wouldn't say he's a shit tackler. He's better at tackling than Heitinga.

Interesting fact that in our last three derby victories, in 2006, 2009 and 2010, Neville played in centre midfield in all three games.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:27:08 PM by Blue Phoenix »

March 11, 2012, 09:24:57 PM
Reply #51

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Really? Even after the famous Ronaldo tackle that 'changed our season' in 08/09, and the Cole tackle that led to Strac's goal vs Chelsea this season? I'd say Neville can tackle. Maybe not brilliant all the time, but I wouldn't say he's a shit tackler. He's better at tackling than Heitinga.

Interesting fact that in both our last two derby victories, in 2006 and 2009, Neville played in centre midfield. Just saying...

just saying that 2 tackles can not be a reason for someone to play in a role when 99% of the time he is absolute shit and a liability!!!!

didnt know that fact and its interesting but i still wouldnt play him there, i think he weakens the team massively. he is ok at right back, and can make one of his "trademark" tackles from there...

March 11, 2012, 09:26:44 PM
Reply #52

Blue Phoenix

just saying that 2 tackles can not be a reason for someone to play in a role when 99% of the time he is absolute shit and a liability!!!!

didnt know that fact and its interesting but i still wouldnt play him there, i think he weakens the team massively. he is ok at right back, and can make one of his "trademark" tackles from there...

Fair enough, I respect your opinion.

March 11, 2012, 09:26:59 PM
Reply #53

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Interesting fact that in both our last two derby victories, in 2006 and 2009, Neville played in centre midfield in both games.

Dont get me started on that shite, its such a myth and people only say it because its Phil "media darling" Neville

March 11, 2012, 09:28:02 PM
Reply #54

Blue Phoenix

Dont get me started on that shite, its such a myth and people only say it because its Phil "media darling" Neville

Is there such a thing as an Everton-related 'media darling'? ;)

March 11, 2012, 09:28:58 PM
Reply #55

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Is there such a thing as an Everton-related 'media darling'? ;)

Only when they come from Man Utd  ;)

March 11, 2012, 09:33:43 PM
Reply #56

Blue Phoenix

Only when they come from Man Utd  ;)

Or like Moyes, they want him to go to Man Utd or somewhere else. ;)

March 11, 2012, 09:35:28 PM
Reply #57

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough, I respect your opinion.

and i respect yours, all in all, whatever the team, we both want to win!! lets hope we beat the RS, and i would be even happier if Neville scored a hatrick! (from centre mid) ;)

March 11, 2012, 09:39:23 PM
Reply #58

Bluenose 91

3-0 to us, they are fucking shit.

March 11, 2012, 09:52:33 PM
Reply #59

Gash

Global Moderator

This.

I don't know why people keep banging on about Neville's tackle turning our season? We lost to Wigan a couple of weeks after.