August 20, 2018, 11:25:41 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs West Brom  (Read 24525 times)

March 29, 2012, 02:49:59 AM
Read 24525 times

Geordie Blue

Osman was fantastic last night. Had another tweet on BBC last night comparing him to Iniesta in terms of the way he plays. brilliant last night.

Seen a few people on here saying that and I certainly do not want to start picking on negatives after what was a brilliant team performance but that is completely opposite to what I saw. He is incredibly light weight and gets knocked off the ball easily - this happened repeatedly last night. He wants an age on the ball and gets caught napping - this also kept happening. He aavoids tackling, jogs back when play breaks down and is generally slowing play down. He has had some great games this season but last night was not one of them IMO.
"I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the kop. They never liked me doing that." Dixie Dean

March 29, 2012, 04:23:04 AM
Reply #1

Geordie Blue

I'm probably being too harsh on him - I do recognise his qualities but was just surprised that he was geeting picked out as a star performer. Not worth finding anything to gripe about when there was so much to enjoy!
"I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the kop. They never liked me doing that." Dixie Dean

April 01, 2012, 12:42:47 AM
Reply #2

Geordie Blue

Just got home, another enjoyable game ...we played some really good football at times with Pienaar usually instrumental in everything positive. I know WBA had a decent bit of possession at times but as soon as they looked threatening someone would step in and break it up ...was Tim Howard seriously threatened at any time ? The more I see Gibbo playing , the better he seems to get, bargain of the season at 500,000 ? I hope Ossie is not too bad, possibly just a precaution he went off ?

This sums up what I thought - compared to early season games it was excellent at times with some high quality passing and movement. We went a bit flat for the fifteen minutes pre and post HT but otherwise very good. Ossie apparently limping after the tackle according to DM so that was reason for sub. Thought Magaye played well again when he came on and made a few chances and was only denied by a cracking save. Pienaar or Fellaini MOM for me but also agree Gibson is now a vital cog. Three clean sheets on the bounce for the defence too. Couldn't get much better really ;D