November 23, 2017, 01:49:00 PM

Author Topic: FA Cup Semi Final Thread. Liverpool V Everton.  (Read 79253 times)

April 15, 2012, 09:47:17 PM
Reply #750

Gash

Global Moderator
Look through this thread at the few who were posting, you'll see the comments of sitting too deep WAY before half time.

I think it was you and everton.chris, other than that it wasn't really mentioned. The counter claim being that Liverpool created nothing after out goal until half time. We were comfortable at that point. We can go over and over it, but something happened at half time, the team were clueless in the second half and looked a totally different unit.

April 15, 2012, 10:25:29 PM
Reply #751

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
I think it was you and everton.chris, other than that it wasn't really mentioned. The counter claim being that Liverpool created nothing after out goal until half time. We were comfortable at that point. We can go over and over it, but something happened at half time, the team were clueless in the second half and looked a totally different unit.

There was only a couple of us posting! We called it well before half time. They switched off after the goal, someone pressed the mental button in our teams heads.

Its not about them creating chances, its about handing momentum and confidence to a team that should have had the door slammed in their faces.

We let them back in the game, physically, and psychologically long before the ref blew for half time.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:27:30 PM by NomadskiEFC »
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

April 15, 2012, 11:12:32 PM
Reply #752

Stumpy

Your right Nomad,i posted after the game that within 5 mins of us scoring our attitude changed,it was to defend what we had.I also posted that i stuck it out untill 10 mins into the 2nd half and decided i could watch no more because i fucking knew what was going to happen,they would score and we would not be able to do anything in response because our momentum had gone and we had nothing on the bench to change it.The 2nd goal would have had them dead in the water,but we never went for it.I honestly don't know what the problem is,is it pyscological,a sign of being mentaly weak or indeed was it instructions from Moyes.Whatever it is it keeps happening in big games,as Si pointed out when we scored we were exactly where we wanted to be,it was only after that that it all started to change.So for me it was nothing that was said at half time that changed anything,the change had started straight after we took the lead.

April 15, 2012, 11:15:35 PM
Reply #753

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Your right Nomad,i posted after the game that within 5 mins of us scoring our attitude changed,it was to defend what we had.I also posted that i stuck it out untill 10 mins into the 2nd half and decided i could watch no more because i fucking knew what was going to happen,they would score and we would not be able to do anything in response because our momentum had gone and we had nothing on the bench to change it.The 2nd goal would have had them dead in the water,but we never went for it.I honestly don't know what the problem is,is it pyscological,a sign of being mentaly weak or indeed was it instructions from Moyes.Whatever it is it keeps happening in big games,as Si pointed out when we scored we were exactly where we wanted to be,it was only after that that it all started to change.So for me it was nothing that was said at half time that changed anything,the change had started straight after we took the lead.

Sad, but true.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

April 16, 2012, 12:24:59 AM
Reply #754

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
85 minutes in, 1-1 at Wembley, cup semi final against your local rivals.

Moyes has Tony Hibbert stripped and ready to come on.

Says it all really...
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 16, 2012, 12:30:13 AM
Reply #755

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
85 minutes in, 1-1 at Wembley, cup semi final against your local rivals.

Moyes has Tony Hibbert stripped and ready to come on.

Says it all really...

Wasnt that because Baines had pulled up though?
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

April 16, 2012, 12:32:17 AM
Reply #756

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Wasnt that because Baines had pulled up though?

And what was wrong with what he was forced to do as a result of the carroll goal?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 16, 2012, 12:34:10 AM
Reply #757

cantoffee

And what was wrong with what he was forced to do as a result of the carroll goal?

We were left ridiculously exposed down the left. They put the ball down that side for the last five minutes and we struggled to regain possession.

If we were possibly going into extra time you think it would have been wise to have no left back?

April 16, 2012, 12:36:05 AM
Reply #758

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
We were left ridiculously exposed down the left. They put the ball down that side for the last five minutes and we struggled to regain possession.

If we were possibly going into extra time you think it would have been wise to have no left back?

Finished with Distin at LB didn't we?

Good an option as any...

April 16, 2012, 12:37:51 AM
Reply #759

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair there wasnt much he could do with the subs, its his mentality and tactics that fucked us up.

April 16, 2012, 01:18:05 AM
Reply #760

Thom

Administrator
Still devestated over this. Just uploaded my photos from yesterday to my laptop and it's heartbreaking to know that I had no idea we'd shoot ourselves in the foot as I took the pre-match photos.

April 16, 2012, 01:56:59 AM
Reply #761

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
well at least we didnt get smashed 5-1 with one of them not even being over the line!What a horrible memory yesterday is though really!gonna take a while to really take the bitter taste away.  A win at Man U would be a start!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!