October 18, 2019, 06:03:48 PM

Author Topic: the fa want roy hodgson  (Read 14506 times)

April 30, 2012, 01:37:59 AM
Read 14506 times

matty1878

(breaking news)west brom granted them permission to speak to him, so redknapp stays at spurs and moyes stays here!
row u seat 167 park end

April 30, 2012, 01:52:34 AM
Reply #1

Blue Phoenix

Get in. Let's hope he accepts the job. :clap:

April 30, 2012, 01:53:55 AM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Much better shout than Redknapp for me.

April 30, 2012, 01:55:40 AM
Reply #3

Blue Phoenix

SSN Breaking News: WBA grant the FA permission to speak to Roy Hodgson about the England managers' job.

I know technically this isn't Everton-related, but everyone knows about the speculation about Moyes and Spurs, if Redknapp were going to be the next England manager.

April 30, 2012, 01:57:09 AM
Reply #4

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Could be the best decision that the FA have made in a long time.

Spurs and Redknapp are both probably gutted now though, and expect the press to give Hodgson a rough ride now that their man isn't getting the job.

April 30, 2012, 01:57:46 AM
Reply #5

Blue Phoenix

I still think this was Everton-related mods. :wag:

April 30, 2012, 02:00:17 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Good move by the FA, I would think Hodgson would make a great international manager and has massive experience across Europe. Unlike Redknapp who hasn't really done a huge amount for someone that same age as Hodgson.

If you look at their two careers, Hodgson's has far more achievement than Redknapp.

As for the speculation with Moyes, I don't they'd have come for him and I don't think he'd have gone of they did?

April 30, 2012, 02:00:34 AM
Reply #7

MmmblueBernard

I still think this was Everton-related mods. :wag:

Indirectly yes. Get over yourself.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

April 30, 2012, 02:01:29 AM
Reply #8

MmmblueBernard

I think theres more shit to be dug up with Redknapp. Hes too hot to handle (probably like some of the furniture in his house)
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

April 30, 2012, 02:07:04 AM
Reply #9

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
A bit surprising, but knowing how much Levy asks for some of his players he was probably trying to rake in a lot for Redknapp too. I think we've seen in the latter half of the season that Redknapp is limited as a manager in what he will do with a team so perhaps that put them off...or maybe it was all the courtroom drama?

Kinda surprised after the grief he took at Liverpool that Hodgson would take this on. I think he is on a hiding to nothing taking on this England team both with the press and fans who seemed to have formed a hive mind over Redknapp.

April 30, 2012, 02:13:04 AM
Reply #10

Blue Phoenix

Hodgson's contract at WBA expires at the end of the season.

Nice cheap deal for the FA, no compo.

Redknapp's deal has another year to run and would cost the FA a few million in compo.

April 30, 2012, 02:15:18 AM
Reply #11

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

April 30, 2012, 02:18:17 AM
Reply #12

Lapeno

Reckon there are still a few of the old boys there who remember the problems with Venables.

Stevie G's retirement from international football to come very soon methinks!

April 30, 2012, 02:32:31 AM
Reply #13

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
If the FA restrict their choices to English managers, Redknapp and Hodgson are the only viable options.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

April 30, 2012, 02:38:44 AM
Reply #14

Blue Phoenix

I don't think Hodgson is a bad choice at all, and that's not just because it likely means Moyes stays at Everton.

Hodgson took Fulham to the UEFA Cup Final and worked a miracle there. He's also done well at WBA too, and has lots of European and International managerial experience too.

He didn't 'fail' at the RS, they never gave him a chance - I'm still waiting for someone on SSN to point out that he has a better record at Liverpool than Dalglish currently does, which basically proves that he wasn't given a chance there.