October 16, 2019, 04:27:47 PM

Author Topic: the fa want roy hodgson  (Read 14499 times)

April 30, 2012, 02:41:34 AM
Reply #15

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think Hodgson is a bad choice at all, and that's not just because it likely means Moyes stays at Everton.

Hodgson took Fulham to the UEFA Cup Final and worked a miracle there. He's also done well at WBA too, and has lots of European and International managerial experience too.

He didn't 'fail' at the RS, they never gave him a chance - I'm still waiting for someone on SSN to point out that he has a better record at Liverpool than Dalglish currently does, which basically proves that he wasn't given a chance there.

There to busy committing mass suicide cos scrotum features didnt get the job
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 30, 2012, 02:42:59 AM
Reply #16

Sharky

Right man for the job, made up.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

April 30, 2012, 02:45:46 AM
Reply #17

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Could be the best decision that the FA have made in a long time.

Spurs and Redknapp are both probably gutted now though, and expect the press to give Hodgson a rough ride now that their man isn't getting the job.

Since Redknapp is the press, this is more than likely.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

April 30, 2012, 02:51:21 AM
Reply #18

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
There to busy committing mass suicide cos scrotum features didnt get the job

This is the best result for sky. Transfer deadline day would be fuck all without redknapp
Simply simply lovely

April 30, 2012, 04:05:32 AM
Reply #19

Everton

I wanted Redknapp

Roy is ok, lots of experience, never rocks the boat which the FA will love.

April 30, 2012, 04:14:21 AM
Reply #20

Gash

Global Moderator
Seems to be quite a lot of people against Hodgson on SSN. The problem is most fans are only remembering Hodgson for what happened at Liverpool, even though he got a shit deal. Likewise, they're only thinking of Redknapp at Spurs, or up to 8 games ago at least.

April 30, 2012, 04:56:26 AM
Reply #21

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone see Lawrenson on MotD 2? I though he was going to burst into tears that no one asked Harry.

April 30, 2012, 05:17:00 AM
Reply #22

bluedavey

Good decision by FA - far more experience and know-how than Redknapp who would have been found out massively at international level as a one-trick pony.

However, hope press and seemingly a lot of fans give Hodgson at chance before we see picture of his face turned into some kind if vegetable in the daily rag tops.

On a positive side for Blues means press stop with Moyes to Spurs and greater chance Pienaar deal with Harry staying I would think.

April 30, 2012, 05:32:53 AM
Reply #23

Blue Phoenix

The London journos are all doing some crying on Twitter alright tonight, now that it looks like their beloved 'Arry isn't getting the job. Talk about noses put out of joint.

"But the England players all wanted him!!!!" Yeah, let's allow the players dicate who the manager should and shouldn't be. The irony is that these same journos are the ones who slagged off the Chelsea players for using player power to get AVB the sack, and then magically started playing well again for Di Matteo because they like him. However, when it comes to England and their mate, Mr Rent-a-Quote getting the job, they're more than happy to claim player power is a reason for 'Arry to get the job.

There are lots of good reasons why Hodgson is getting the job. He's got more experience of the world game, has been successful in Europe (more than Redknapp has), comes with no baggage, doesn't require millions in compo to attain, and is also willing to be based in the Midlands (he doesn't even have to move), to be near the new England academy opening at Burton soon. To hear some journos comparing Redknapp not getting the job to Brian Clough in the 1970s & 1980s is ridiculous. Clough won the league and two European Cups, he was a far better manager than Redknapp is, and that was a far bigger travesty.  

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:34:24 AM by Blue Phoenix »

April 30, 2012, 06:11:17 AM
Reply #24

Bluebridge

If Woy was to get the England job, hows this for his first team selection;

Wob Gween in goal
Back four of Micah Wichards John Tewwy Wio Ferdinand Wayne Bwidge

Dean Stuwwidge Steven Gewward Michael Cawwick Awwon Lennon

Wayne Wooney Peter Cwouch

April 30, 2012, 06:28:50 AM
Reply #25

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think an appointment has been made as yet and Hodgson is just being interviewed. Spurs still have loads to play for, West Brom have nothing. The FA will still interview Redknapp in about a weeks time.

Sorry to piss on everyone's parade tho.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 30, 2012, 06:33:00 AM
Reply #26

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 30, 2012, 12:13:35 PM
Reply #27

Bily No Pace

Bridge would never play in a squad with John Terry.
Bily No Pace has no signature

April 30, 2012, 12:50:19 PM
Reply #28

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think an appointment has been made as yet and Hodgson is just being interviewed. Spurs still have loads to play for, West Brom have nothing. The FA will still interview Redknapp in about a weeks time.

I very much doubt that they'd openly speak to someone else if they hadnt found out that Redknapp wasnt leaving.

When was the last time that they had open interviews for this job?

April 30, 2012, 01:10:15 PM
Reply #29

ilikebrunettes

no they wont. He is their choice
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough