October 18, 2019, 05:32:39 AM

Author Topic: the fa want roy hodgson  (Read 14502 times)

April 30, 2012, 08:35:54 PM
Reply #45

Thom

Administrator
The stick Hodgson is getting for taking the job is way over the top. He's got the experience of managing top teams and he will help to usher the national team into their new 'era' at St.George's Park.

He's a decent guy, who as said has honesty, integrity and dignity in spades. Unfortunate;y that won't stop the press and the Ingurlund fans from throwing rubbish his way if defeats start to become a regular occurence.

April 30, 2012, 08:38:21 PM
Reply #46

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If you are not going to go foreign he is head and shoulders the best candidate, I look forward to him doing well. 

April 30, 2012, 08:50:19 PM
Reply #47

Ridge

I think Hodgson is a good choice, but I think his appointment is already starting to look problematic.

He struggled to galvanise Liverpool after he went there over Kenny and you can already sections of the media turned against him before he has got the job over Harry.

You have players from his Liverpool time, who might be awkward inclusions or exclusions. Added to the various members of the first team, who showed support for Harry.

But maybe it could allow him to unite by division and an opportunity to shake things up.

April 30, 2012, 09:00:26 PM
Reply #48

Ross

But lacks the personality.

Can see it being a repeat of his time at Liverpool.

Not sure, there's a big difference between club managers and international managers.

At Liverpool he was stuck with influential players at Liverpool who had bought into the idea of bringing Dalglish back, unable to off load them for fear of the fans turning on him. With England he gets to pick who he wants and basically after this summer there is very little point in sticking with the old guard and their clicks.

He can mould his own team and squad ready for Brazil, even the press want a change of team.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 30, 2012, 09:25:22 PM
Reply #49

Gash

Global Moderator
I love the way people are trying to base his career achievements on 7 months at the shite.

Give the man a chance.

April 30, 2012, 09:27:34 PM
Reply #50

Bluenose 91

I love the way people are trying to base his career achievements on 7 months at the shite.

Give the man a chance.

Exactly this.

Accomplished a lot more than Redknapp in pretty much the same amount of time.

May 01, 2012, 12:56:08 AM
Reply #51

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I was wrong. Weird appointment tho. Whatever you say about Redknapp, he does play a very attacking brand of football. One that a poor England team will do well to adopt. Give it a go is their only hope. That will not happen with Roy. He and MCleish are the most boring managers on the planet.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 01, 2012, 12:58:40 AM
Reply #52

Haile GAZrselassie

The stick Hodgson is getting for taking the job is way over the top. He's got the experience of managing top teams and he will help to usher the national team into their new 'era' at St.George's Park.

He's a decent guy, who as said has honesty, integrity and dignity in spades. Unfortunate;y that won't stop the press and the Ingurlund fans from throwing rubbish his way if defeats start to become a regular occurence.

Why should it stop the press and supporters giving him grief if defeats become a regular occurence?

I dislike Redknapp's characther as much as the next man but his motivational skills are second to none and l think it's been widely agreed that's what the current group pf players have lacked above all else for the past few years.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

May 01, 2012, 01:08:47 AM
Reply #53

Amata

I just hope he has the balls to drop the likes of Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard, Cole, Gerrard & Barry.  We are never going to win it so he may as well start blooding the youth players who have less fear and more desire and give them the experience in preparation for the World Cup, when all of the above will be finished.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

May 01, 2012, 01:16:34 AM
Reply #54

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
You pick your best team regardless of age.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 01, 2012, 01:49:42 AM
Reply #55

MmmblueBernard

I just hope he has the balls to drop the likes of Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard, Cole, Gerrard & Barry.  We are never going to win it so he may as well start blooding the youth players who have less fear and more desire and give them the experience in preparation for the World Cup, when all of the above will be finished.

Roy will stick with the old guard for this tourney but will fuck most of em off before WC qualification.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 01, 2012, 01:56:31 AM
Reply #56

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

The fact is that most of the players you've mentioned there will be out of the picture in the next couple of years in any case due to their age, regardless of who manages England.

Giving youngsters a chance is great and should be done where possible, ie. not if it weakens the team in games that count.  What I would like to see though is a settled system in terms of formation and tactics, that utilises the strengths of the players that are available.  I think one of England's big problems has been the chopping and changing on this front, whereas if you look at both Spain and Germany they're 2 sides who predominantly have played in the same way for an extended period of time.  They players are comfortable with what they're being asked to do, which has clearly not been the case with England over the years.

May 01, 2012, 02:55:45 AM
Reply #57

ilikebrunettes

Why should it stop the press and supporters giving him grief if defeats become a regular occurence?

I dislike Redknapp's characther as much as the next man but his motivational skills are second to none and l think it's been widely agreed that's what the current group pf players have lacked above all else for the past few years.

really? i think ability has been their major problem
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

May 01, 2012, 05:15:46 AM
Reply #58

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

But him getting a lot of flak even before taking the job is surely out of order.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

May 01, 2012, 05:19:03 AM
Reply #59

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
But him getting a lot of flak even before taking the job is surely out of order.

I dont think the media have realized a lot of the problems we have with the England team are to do with them.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown