November 25, 2017, 12:03:43 PM

Author Topic: Match Ratings versus Swansea  (Read 7394 times)

December 23, 2011, 03:16:37 AM
Reply #30

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I dont think he's played since UTD at home has he, and he was truly disgraceful in that match dont think I seen him attempt a pass all game.

Disgraceful? Really?

He tried a bit too hard to take people on, but then that's what many people on here advocate playing him for.

I think he's simply adjusting to not being the biggest and quickest player on the pitch, like he is at his own age level.

He'd have had a lot of adrenaline when he started pre-season as he was coming back from his long injury which would have helped his performance levels which, in turn, would have improved his confidence. Then when the adrenaline started to wear off he'd have suddenly started finding football difficult; this would never have happened to him before.

As Moyes has said, he wants him to get used to playing full games again which is why he's been in the reserves/youth cup matches.

Along with his fitness this will improve his general game awareness, included in which will be when to pass and when to dribble.

December 23, 2011, 03:28:06 AM
Reply #31

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

Hibbert was bad. Neville was worse. And they have been like that
forever. Whenever we get a result with these two mediocrities playing
we should be grateful

. Watched the game in the pub again ?  Next time wait to you are sober if you ever are ?  was our Best defender and neville did very well today.

You are even more stupid than sharpattack and that simply says it all

December 23, 2011, 06:01:16 AM
Reply #32

bluestevie

. Watched the game in the pub again ?  Next time wait to you are sober if you ever are ?  was our Best defender and neville did very well today.

this, i've critisised hibbo and neville many a time but also have dished out praise when due and last night was one such occasion, both played well. really don't know what roy's problem is sometimes
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

December 23, 2011, 06:38:00 AM
Reply #33

minty

Howard - 6. nothing to do so average score.
Hibbert - 7 supported well, but not troubled really in defence.
Baines - 7 - looked a bit tired second half, but the amount of times he works that wing in a match, it's no wonder.
Heitinga - 8 - wasn't troubled the whole game, and the better centre half on the night with good passing along with composure on the ball.
Jagielka - 6 - not troubled defensively, but his distribution is woeful compared to Johnny's. Needs to work on composure and passing. Nearly caught in first 10 seconds of game dwelling in the ball.
Neville - 6 - just didnt see it tonight. he was basically used as a space filler. if you watch the game again, it is Fellaini who does most of the pressing with Neville just covering space behind him.
Osman - 8 - very good game tonight from Osman. you can tell he much prefers that central role and it showed tonight.
Fellaini - 9 - big man does it again. easily the best player tonight imo. covered the ground with ease, supported his forwards and helped his defenders. composure on the ball is second to none and brushed past players like they weren't there. top class performance.
Coleman - 6 - shame he got injured, but was glad Moyes threw on gueye in place of him. showed signes of intent, unfortunate.
Saha - 7 - much better tonight from Saha. worked the back 4 well, and linked nicely with 2 wide men. a world of difference when he has players like Drenthe and Gueye to work with instead of head down Coleman and Bily.
Drenthe - 8- good game tonight from him but could've been so much better. was very impressed with his defensive duties tonight as well. those games at left back for Madrid have came in handy.

Gueye - 7  ok, he missed 2 good chances, but let's give the lad a chance and see what he can do. worked hard imo, and never hid at all for the pass. personally think his first effort was a pretty good save, and possibly even a pen on the rebound.
Straq - 5. worked hard and chased well, but not the link man to come on and do the one man striker job. leats said about his effort the better.
Cahill - 6. nothing against his effort but little time to impress and never really got into it when he came on .

Moyes - 8. last 2 games he has decided to have a go at teams. hopefully he keeps this mentality in place when he comes up against a better team than the last 2 he has faced. A couple of arrivals could be all the difference to that team tonight fomr being a 1-0 to a 4-0.

How can neville in midfield be considered having a go? Also Osman is arguably a more defensive choice than cahill. And we failed to score from open play for the umpteenth time this season. You give Moyes way too much credit.

December 23, 2011, 06:43:53 AM
Reply #34

123_efc

Swansea try and play the ball through middle, 2 defensive midfielders was a good decision, highlighted by the fact we won
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

December 23, 2011, 07:08:25 AM
Reply #35

sharpattack

How the hell do you include me in this mindless rant?
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 23, 2011, 07:22:19 AM
Reply #36

Gash

Global Moderator

You'll probably find that you contribute to most of the mindless rants.

December 23, 2011, 05:45:35 PM
Reply #37

sharpattack

You'll probably find that you contribute to most of the mindless rants.
You're as funny as a cot death. Just because someone disagrees with your world view they are sneered at. Grow up
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 23, 2011, 06:06:57 PM
Reply #38

Paul.

How can neville in midfield be considered having a go? Also Osman is arguably a more defensive choice than cahill. And we failed to score from open play for the umpteenth time this season. You give Moyes way too much credit.

perhaps you missed the part where i said neville was nothing more than space filler ? and if you don't think we have played more attackingly the last 2 games i really dont know what everton you are watching.

cahill was dropped because of his form. osman plays in such a way that he links much better with the forward line and midfield than cahill does. cahill cant do this.

and i give credit where it is deserved with moyes. the last 2 games he has certainly had a go attacking wise.

against norwich we had 28 attempts on goal and were on target with 15.
against swansea we had 13 and 6 on target.

the numbers dropped in second game, but we were by far more attacking in numbers.

really cant see how people can complain about last 2 games attacking wise. players on the pitch, yes, but not the way they have set about the games.

Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

December 24, 2011, 02:35:28 AM
Reply #39

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
perhaps you missed the part where i said neville was nothing more than space filler ? and if you don't think we have played more attackingly the last 2 games i really dont know what everton you are watching.

cahill was dropped because of his form. osman plays in such a way that he links much better with the forward line and midfield than cahill does. cahill cant do this.

and i give credit where it is deserved with moyes. the last 2 games he has certainly had a go attacking wise.

against norwich we had 28 attempts on goal and were on target with 15.
against swansea we had 13 and 6 on target.

the numbers dropped in second game, but we were by far more attacking in numbers.

really cant see how people can complain about last 2 games attacking wise. players on the pitch, yes, but not the way they have set about the games.

Yep, and even the players on the pitch, regardless of reservations about them starting, have largely done a decent job.

December 24, 2011, 02:54:04 AM
Reply #40

Gash

Global Moderator
We're going to start saving the Ratings thread into the Matchday forum. Evertonexile has said he will add the scores up on a game to game basis and will publish the results at the end of the season.

It'll be interesting to see how all the players average out at the end of the season. So if Silas etc can carry on starting the threads, that would be good?  :thumbsup:

December 24, 2011, 03:05:07 AM
Reply #41

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We're going to start saving the Ratings thread into the Matchday forum. Evertonexile has said he will add the scores up on a game to game basis and will publish the results at the end of the season.

It'll be interesting to see how all the players average out at the end of the season. So if Silas etc can carry on starting the threads, that would be good?  :thumbsup:

Ha you know I get twitchy waiting for the forum to be unlocked:D

Sent from my shit phone because my good one got robbed

December 24, 2011, 03:12:05 AM
Reply #42

montanatoffeefan

It'll be interesting to see how all the players average out at the end of the season. So if Silas etc can carry on starting the threads, that would be good?  :thumbsup:

Nice idea, and cheers to Evertonexile for volunteering his time.
Everton forever.

December 24, 2011, 05:15:31 AM
Reply #43

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
  Osman ???