November 22, 2017, 07:11:18 PM

Author Topic: Ross Barkley and a few other Everton lads in action for England U19's  (Read 3981 times)

May 31, 2012, 03:19:31 AM
Reply #30

Gary Iceman

Im falling asleep watching this,but there is nothing else on.
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

deCoubertin

May 31, 2012, 03:22:55 AM
Reply #31

MmmBlueRamirez

Good last ditch tackle there from Barkley - encouraging - must be learning from Stubbs and Weir.......
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 31, 2012, 03:38:01 AM
Reply #32

Major Clanger

Ratings

Sam Johnstone: quality.
Dier: promising
Harry Kane: promising
Barkley: promising
Will Keane: promising

The rest looked hopeless.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 31, 2012, 03:44:18 AM
Reply #33

MmmBlueRamirez

Ratings

Lundstram: 90% Meh with a bit of quality
Dier: top quality
Harry Kane: Meh
Barkley: highly promising (good assist for the goal)
Will Keane: promising but mainly meh
Bidwell: Not quite as good as Garbutt

I can't believe the Spurs lid up front got MOM. Must be lots of other spurs lids watching the game and voting for him on facebook.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

May 31, 2012, 03:49:53 AM
Reply #34

Gary Iceman

Dier: quality
Harry Kane: dont rate him, greedy f*cker
Barkley: I love this lad.
Bidwell: not keen, loves hoofing it as soon as he gets it.
lundstram: looks ok.
Rest were dog sh*t.
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

May 31, 2012, 04:13:29 AM
Reply #35

howard1334

Lundstram still plays for us, maybe you're getting him confused with Mustafi?

Right, good call.... Though I got him confused with Adam Forshaw not Mustafi (a little bit more understandable on my part)...

May 31, 2012, 04:14:10 AM
Reply #36

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 31, 2012, 12:08:27 PM
Reply #37

christiffa25

He looked about the same standard as everyone else on the pitch. I do honestly admire how much you are willing him to succeed though!Really hope he becomes the player we all want him to be

Whilst I agree that he didn't stand out as such compared to the others in general speaking terms. When he got on the ball(which wasn't enough) and when he tried to impose himself on the game... His touch, passing ect was a class above. His footballing brain is clearly above that lot as most the time he played a ball his team mates didn't see the return ball or just lost possession very quickly. I think he needs better players around him to help with the next stage of his development.

The slighty worrying side is for a player were all hoping could be that player to play in the hole, he seems to never play that possistion for England or Everton.. Always seems to play a more natural cm possistion. On the occasions he gets the ball and runs from midfield with it he looks very gazza like but it's as if he's on a leash and holding back from taking games By the scruff of the neck. Hopefully that's his age and inexperience.

I think he's a player who could go on either to be one of the best.. But also could go on to be another Osman!

May 31, 2012, 12:25:31 PM
Reply #38

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
For some reason it looks like Barkley is holding back a bit.
He never seems to sprint, just does that scally style run!his vision and creativity is great as is his touch, I think we just need to see a bit more drive and urgency from him, the way he played in the pre season friendlies and against QPR. Since then when I've seen him play he hasn't looked quite as effective.

It will be good experience for him to play alongside the likes of Fellaini, Jelavic and hopefully Pienaar in the pre season matches, and hopefully we will see more of him in the first team then we did last season
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

May 31, 2012, 09:24:07 PM
Reply #39

Major Clanger

For some reason it looks like Barkley is holding back a bit.
He never seems to sprint, just does that scally style run!

It's what you do when you're short on fitness.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 31, 2012, 10:59:24 PM
Reply #40

School of Science

Funny I thought when he had the ball (Which was'nt enough admittedly),he showed a good turn of pace when going past people,on a couple of occasions,but you do get the feeling with him he could show a hell of a lot more.Still head an shoulders better than the rest of them,also noticed his closing down has improved considerably from last season,possibly working with Stubbs the reason for that.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15