November 22, 2017, 03:30:05 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Spurs  (Read 27913 times)

February 28, 2010, 09:11:29 PM
Reply #240

.Rimbo.

The second half was better than the first, but we looked second best throughout.
I tend to agree, season over.

Agreed with this. Spurs worth their victory.

February 28, 2010, 09:39:56 PM
Reply #241

kunal32

Forget 4th, 5th or 6th. Not happening now.

February 28, 2010, 09:50:21 PM
Reply #242

cantoffee

Bad team selection at the start cost us this game

Really? How? Donovan was half the player Anichebe was when he came on and Jags wasn't ready to start a full game.

February 28, 2010, 10:00:56 PM
Reply #243

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't see most of the game but was happy to see Moyes drop some of the slackers from the Lisbon game.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 28, 2010, 11:56:05 PM
Reply #244

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
The second half was better than the first, but we looked second best throughout.
I tend to agree, season over.

Disagree, after we scored we forced 2 great saves and Donovan missed an empty net, Spurs did nothing of note. A draw would have been a fair result but we easily could have won.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

March 01, 2010, 12:38:52 AM
Reply #245

Ridge

Spurs didn't need to press as much second half and looked keen to allow us to steal a point like at Goodison. Considering the sporting game midweek, not overly surprised with the team selection and slow start, albeit disappointing. Spurs deserve credit for the first half performance, Modric and Bale especially.

Couldn't believe Donovan's miss, but haven't seen much criticism in comparison to the defensive errors. Missed opportunity, but we just need to focus on beating Hull and having a good run in from there on.

March 01, 2010, 02:23:45 PM
Reply #246

Derek

Disappointing, especially the first half.

Got to look forward now. Over a week off for the players to get their minds back into gear and get rested. We must beat Hull.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 01, 2010, 02:57:41 PM
Reply #247

Tony Clifton

Disagree, after we scored we forced 2 great saves and Donovan missed an empty net, Spurs did nothing of note. A draw would have been a fair result but we easily could have won.

Agreed.  Just a shame it was Donovan and not Yak who had that chance.  Must be a contender for miss of the season that, but I wasn't all that surprised by it - lets face it, decent player though he is, Dougal isn't the sharpest when presented with a ball in the box.

March 01, 2010, 06:16:01 PM
Reply #248

chang

wasn't all that surprised by it

Mate, these are premiership footballers, missing a 24 foot target from 3 feet away must actually be quite difficult.

End of the day he didn't miss on purpose and is probably mortified.

March 01, 2010, 07:44:09 PM
Reply #249

Tony Clifton

Mate, these are premiership footballers, missing a 24 foot target from 3 feet away must actually be quite difficult.

End of the day he didn't miss on purpose and is probably mortified.

I should hope not, and so he should be mortified.  What I was trying to say is that he's obviously not very confident/gifted when presented with the ball on a plate in the box - he's fluffed a couple of opportunities before Spurs while he's been here, and I hear he's missed many a sitter back home etc.

For example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOPh-9J-BWY
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:46:30 PM by KRIOC »