November 23, 2017, 05:28:19 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Spurs  (Read 27926 times)

February 28, 2010, 06:33:32 PM
Reply #45

Gary Iceman

didnt catch what the injury was..but here is the team news, according to this anichebe is playin alongside yak but on espn before they had yak up front on his own.?

Victor Anichebe and Yakubu will start in attack when Everton take on Tottenham at White Hart Lane this afternoon.

The pair are two of five changes made by manager David Moyes following Thursday's Europa League exit at Sporting Lisbon.

The others see defensive duo Sylvain Distin and John Heitinga return after missing out through suspension and ineligibility respectively and Jack Rodwell, one of the heroes of last week's victory over Manchester United, come into midfield.

Philippe Senderos has not recovered from a hip injury sustained in Portugal but his replacement at the Estadio Jose Alvalade, Phil Jagielka, is again on the bench.

Heitinga and Distin are joined in defence by captain Phil Neville and Leighton Baines, who was yesterday called up by Fabio Capello for England's friendly against Egypt on Wednesday.

Mikel Arteta, Leon Osman, Steven Pienaar and Rodwell will make up Moyes' midfield. French striker Louis Saha is not in the squad.

Everton: Howard, Neville, Baines, Heitinga, Distin, Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Pienaar, Yakubu, Anichebe. Subs: Nash, Gosling, Yobo, Jagielka, Donovan, Vaughan, Bilyaletdinov
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

February 28, 2010, 06:34:46 PM
Reply #46

Gash

Global Moderator
Everton
24 Howard
03 Baines
05 Heitinga
15 Distin
18 Neville
10 Arteta
20 Pienaar
21 Osman
26 Rodwell
28 Anichebe
22 Yakubu
Substitutes
01 Nash, 04 Yobo, 06 Jagielka, 07 Bilyaletdinov, 09 Donovan, 19 Gosling, 14 Vaughan

February 28, 2010, 06:48:12 PM
Reply #47

Thom

Administrator
Interesting. I'd expect Anichebe to play on the right wing, with Yakubu up front on his own, but Moyes can always go 4-4-2 if he needs to. Hopefully it pays off.

February 28, 2010, 06:48:12 PM
Reply #48

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Happy with that team (although Saha is the striker in form so that's a shame).

February 28, 2010, 06:52:01 PM
Reply #49

Gash

Global Moderator
Big chance for Yak to try to get something from his season. I would think Vic will be out wide. It would terrific if they can both have a decent game, and give Moyes selection headache up front.

February 28, 2010, 06:55:43 PM
Reply #50

Endless, Nameless

No Saha? Saha played ok and he's been dropped completely? Bily still makes the bench though and fucking Neville is in the starting XI. And no fucking coleman...

Whilst I admire the way he's changed it around... Yak and Vic seem a poor choice. Having no Saha and Coleman is just fucking stupid...

I hope I'm wrong though.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 28, 2010, 06:59:03 PM
Reply #51

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
No Saha? Saha played ok and he's been dropped completely? Bily still makes the bench though and fucking Neville is in the starting XI. And no fucking coleman...

Whilst I admire the way he's changed it around... Yak and Vic seem a poor choice. Having no Saha and Coleman is just fucking stupid...

I hope I'm wrong though.

Saha is injured mate.

February 28, 2010, 06:59:29 PM
Reply #52

evertonjoe

I think Saha may have a knock. Glad to see Moyes drop Bilyaletdinov and i'm surprised Donovan is dropped but he desreved it after mid week. Hope Anichebe takes this chance to step up.

R.A.P Music

February 28, 2010, 06:59:39 PM
Reply #53

Carmella

Apparently saha has a combination of achilles and hamstring injuries.

February 28, 2010, 06:59:56 PM
Reply #54

Endless, Nameless

Saha is injured mate.

Surely he could make the bench?

February 28, 2010, 07:01:11 PM
Reply #55

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Surely he could make the bench?

Not with his injury history!

February 28, 2010, 07:01:32 PM
Reply #56

Gash

Global Moderator
I think Saha may have a knock. Glad to see Moyes drop Bilyaletdinov and i'm surprised Donovan is dropped but he desreved it after mid week. Hope Anichebe takes this chance to step up.

Could be a bit of tiredness with Donovan, he's played a season in America, and the games have been coming thick and fast. I would think he'll get the last 20 minutes, can't see Vic lasting 90.

February 28, 2010, 07:05:06 PM
Reply #57

Endless, Nameless

What about the lack of Seamus? He saved us in the last Spurs game, and he doesn't even get the bench. But Bily does!! After the worst Everton player performance I've ever seen mid-week.

February 28, 2010, 07:08:16 PM
Reply #58

Gash

Global Moderator
What about the lack of Seamus? He saved us in the last Spurs game, and he doesn't even get the bench. But Bily does!! After the worst Everton player performance I've ever seen mid-week.

He hasn't played since that game. And probably wouldn't get on unless there's an injury.

February 28, 2010, 07:09:10 PM
Reply #59

Endless, Nameless

He hasn't played since that game. And probably wouldn't get on unless there's an injury.

But Gosling gets chances. Coleman looks more developed than him.