October 14, 2019, 07:38:46 AM

Author Topic: Stoke v Arsenal  (Read 11792 times)

February 27, 2010, 11:39:15 PM
Read 11792 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Jeez, could see that goal coming a mile off.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 27, 2010, 11:43:11 PM
Reply #1

fast lane

What the Dutch commentator said, does all the time Delap takes to dry the balls each time with a towel get added on?
And that the refs allow it?

We hope we defend those balls better when we go there.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

February 28, 2010, 12:59:14 AM
Reply #2

Frantic

I go upstairs and miss that tackle!! what happened???

February 28, 2010, 01:00:23 AM
Reply #3

fast lane

They didn't show a replay, it was that bad.
Shawcross (straight red) on Aaron Ramsey.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

February 28, 2010, 01:00:37 AM
Reply #4

Endless, Nameless

Fucking hell. I missed it but judging by the reaction of everyone (some players were crying) it looks to be a shocker...

They said they saw it again backstage... won't even show a replay...

I hope the lad recovers quickly.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 28, 2010, 01:01:16 AM
Reply #5

Ridge

Horrible tackle, you don't want to see it.

February 28, 2010, 01:02:06 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I missed it too.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 28, 2010, 01:02:58 AM
Reply #7

Gary Iceman

i have been watching this game and as soon as i go to make a cuppa tea this injury happened and i miss it..i know it may sound bad but i wanna see it.should be floating around youtube shortly.
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

February 28, 2010, 01:04:10 AM
Reply #8

Derek

It's truly, truly terrible. Worse than the Eduardo tackle. Shawcross was crying as he came off.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 28, 2010, 01:04:23 AM
Reply #9

Frantic

Horrible tackle, you don't want to see it.

I really do lol

February 28, 2010, 01:05:16 AM
Reply #10

evertonjoe

How can the same sort of thing happen to the same team twice? I wonder if it's as bad as when Eduardo's foot was basically hanging off after the Martin Taylor challenge.

R.A.P Music

February 28, 2010, 01:06:25 AM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It's a real shame as that Ramsey is a bloody good little player.

Hope he make a successful recovery.

February 28, 2010, 01:07:16 AM
Reply #12

Derek

How can the same sort of thing happen to the same team twice? I wonder if it's as bad as when Eduardo's foot was basically hanging off after the Martin Taylor challenge.

After the tackle Ramsey had his leg in the air a bit and it's pointing in the wrong position. Worst I've seen.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 28, 2010, 01:10:35 AM
Reply #13

Ridge

It was a bad tackle, but no worse than Nolan on Anichebe. Just the outcome was horrific, really badly timed and overly aggressive, but horrid to see.

February 28, 2010, 01:17:55 AM
Reply #14

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
:(

Such a shame. I doubt (hope at least) most players don't intentionally look to injure other players but sometimes you have to say a 3 game or whatever ban doesn't quite cut it.

I don't think you can ever ban someone for the length of another player's injury as it could be wholly innocuous, just bad timing or whatever but maybe there is a middle ground?

Anyhow best of luck to him in his recovery.