October 14, 2019, 08:34:38 AM

Author Topic: Stoke v Arsenal  (Read 11793 times)

February 28, 2010, 01:48:14 AM
Reply #30

chang

Why have a go at Stoke? come on now.

more their fans mate, arseholes at Goodison this season and anywhere they go by all accounts, as a team they play to "spoil" and rely on Delap for assists,

End of the day it matters not a jot, a decent footballer has a broken leg.

February 28, 2010, 01:48:19 AM
Reply #31

evertonjoe

Pretty horrible, but when I see it I can't help thinking back to the tackle earlier this season in Belgium someone posted on the old forum, that made me feel ill.

The one by Axel Witsel yeah that was a shocker.

R.A.P Music

February 28, 2010, 02:02:57 AM
Reply #32

Ridge

Pretty horrible, but when I see it I can't help thinking back to the tackle earlier this season in Belgium someone posted on the old forum, that made me feel ill.
The Axel one, he turned his back and lead with a straightened leg in to the player with studs, which is horrific. This one he kicked through his leg, which reminded me more of the Busst injury in Coventry United game. So badly timed that you have to wonder how much he expected to get the ball going to belt it that hard and following through. If Ramsey doesn't have his foot planted at the impact, he would have probably just had a bruise and Shawcross a yellow.

February 28, 2010, 02:53:13 AM
Reply #33

jongre123

They have actually posted a pic on it in one of the articles on the BBC site. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8541140.stm

February 28, 2010, 02:56:19 AM
Reply #34

Gumpinio

Hate to do this, but I have to agree with Wenger, this is all down to the 'rough up Arsenal to beat them' idea, this si the 3rd broken leg in 5 seasons.  Footballs a contact sport but this can't keep happening.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

February 28, 2010, 03:12:58 AM
Reply #35

Thom

Administrator
Bloody hell... wonder if it'll curtail Arsenal's title challenge once more.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

February 28, 2010, 03:23:09 AM
Reply #36

chang

Arsenal fans ringing 606 tonight say Stoke fans were singing "he's only got one leg" ...rest my case.

I see Shawcross has got England call up today.

Not sure what to make of the tackle myself, clumsy for sure, and the power and speed of it all is scary.

February 28, 2010, 03:24:31 AM
Reply #37

Синий русский язык

I dont know if anyone has made a thread or anything sorry if you have but this is the 3rd arsenal player in like 4 or 5 years to get their leg snapped its gettin bad football some of the challenges but i dont think shawcross is the kind of player to intend to snap a leg. Any way i hope he gets better soon because he is a class upcoming footballer.
Aaron Ramsey Horrific Injury Against Stoke 27.02.10                  Graphic

February 28, 2010, 03:34:55 AM
Reply #38

Gumpinio

Shawcross didn't mean to hurt him, he went to apologise to him and was pushed away by Bendtner, then left the pitch crying.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

February 28, 2010, 03:37:09 AM
Reply #39

Amata

When you watch the challenge again it's not the best tackle but its not the worst ive seen either.  Hopefully he will make a full recovery and well done to Glen Whelan also for staying with him/talking to him when everyone else was running away.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

February 28, 2010, 03:41:32 AM
Reply #40

Toffeeblue22

dont know if this post is in the right place but just want to wish all the best to aaron ramsey after his horrific injury in tonights game,he is a good young player and hope for a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:
Xbox one gamertag Whiplash Willeh
No Nottingham or surrounding areas supporters clubs.....WHY ?
If you do know of any or are starting one let me know

February 28, 2010, 03:42:17 AM
Reply #41

Синий русский язык

When you watch the challenge again it's not the best tackle but its not the worst ive seen either.  Hopefully he will make a full recovery and well done to Glen Whelan also for staying with him/talking to him when everyone else was running away.
i noticed that but i would have been throwin upp !!

February 28, 2010, 03:47:30 AM
Reply #42

Craig_1878

Horrible inury, wish him all the best and hope he comes back with the world class potential he has shown so far.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

February 28, 2010, 03:48:53 AM
Reply #43

C-R-A-I-G

I feel so sorry for him. He is going to get to sit on his arse for the next 6 months doing notrhing at all and will get over a million pound for it.

:hmph: No simpathy at all from me. A lot worse can happen in normal jobs and you wouldnt get paid for it.  

February 28, 2010, 03:54:13 AM
Reply #44

evertonjoe

I feel so sorry for him. He is going to get to sit on his arse for the next 6 months doing notrhing at all and will get over a million pound for it.

:hmph: No simpathy at all from me. A lot worse can happen in normal jobs and you wouldnt get paid for it. 

Seems a bit of a harsh attitude to take, for all you know the lads career could be over before it has really begun. It's not his fault that he gets paid a ridiculous amount and to say you have no sympathy for him just smacks of bitterness and jealousy in my opinion.

R.A.P Music