October 16, 2019, 02:26:00 PM

Author Topic: Stoke v Arsenal  (Read 11799 times)

February 28, 2010, 03:54:55 AM
Reply #45

Toffeeblue22

I feel so sorry for him. He is going to get to sit on his arse for the next 6 months doing notrhing at all and will get over a million pound for it.

:hmph: No simpathy at all from me. A lot worse can happen in normal jobs and you wouldnt get paid for it.  

Get a grip mate he's a young lad and for anyone to suffer that kind of injury is bad enough espcially a pro footballer  
Xbox one gamertag Whiplash Willeh
No Nottingham or surrounding areas supporters clubs.....WHY ?
If you do know of any or are starting one let me know

February 28, 2010, 03:55:20 AM
Reply #46

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I feel so sorry for him. He is going to get to sit on his arse for the next 6 months doing notrhing at all and will get over a million pound for it.

:hmph: No simpathy at all from me. A lot worse can happen in normal jobs and you wouldnt get paid for it. 

It's not all about money though is it?  Yes he's not the only person to have his leg snapped in half in any walk of life, but that doesn't mean that it's not a horrible thing to happen, and it doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve sympathy.  I understand what you're getting at, but I think it's misguided to be honest.

February 28, 2010, 03:55:41 AM
Reply #47

Bluenose 91

Fucking behave.

February 28, 2010, 04:01:52 AM
Reply #48

cad

Looked a terrible injury.

Here's hoping he makes a full recovery.
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

February 28, 2010, 04:11:19 AM
Reply #49

chang

People expressing sympathy is a normal human reaction.

I bet my last pound that Ramsey would play the next year for fuck all if he could swap it for a healthy leg.

Get well soon.

February 28, 2010, 04:49:54 AM
Reply #50

Gary Iceman

i do feel sorry for him,and for ryan shawcross also..i believe his mum was at the game and she took him home and he was crying when he left the stadium,
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

February 28, 2010, 05:08:05 AM
Reply #51

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I actually think that Shawcross is a bit of a twat, but there's no way he meant to do that to him.

February 28, 2010, 05:34:30 AM
Reply #52

Endless, Nameless

They showed it on MotD and there was no way it was intentional, just clumsy. And as someone else said, if he hadn't had his foot planted it would have just been a bruise, as from what i can tell Shawcross literally just kicked his leg like a ball (with laces).

And that was his first red card ever, apparently, so that says something.

Horrendous injury though, I do hope he's back soon.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 28, 2010, 01:43:03 PM
Reply #53

huck

Hope he makes a speedy full recovery. Poor lad.

I don't think Shawcross meant it.
Le Berry

February 28, 2010, 04:50:53 PM
Reply #54

Haile GAZrselassie

there was no mallice in that tackle whatsoever

arsene wenger ought to pipe the fuck down with the "spare me the shawcross is not like that in the papers tomorrow"

he really needs to think and have a minute before he speaks.

Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

February 28, 2010, 05:23:23 PM
Reply #55

Chazman

Agree with this.He didn't go in two footed.He didn't go in with studs showing and it wasn't over the top.Ramsey was just quicker to the ball.A terrible injury but also a terrible accident.Wenger really does go too far.
"I fuckin love this club"

February 28, 2010, 06:12:33 PM
Reply #56

Gary Iceman

i listened to that interview with wenger,they played it on talk sport this mornin.and i have to say it was a cunt of a thing to say about shawvross will be in the papers tomorrow with people sayin how lovely he is (how sarky).and that the tackle he did was malicious.maybe he was just fumin after the game when he gave the interview.but i hope he comes out soon and says he was just angry at the time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06:28:36 PM by Gary Iceman »
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

February 28, 2010, 06:26:21 PM
Reply #57

ilikebrunettes

there was no mallice in that tackle whatsoever

arsene wenger ought to pipe the fuck down with the "spare me the shawcross is not like that in the papers tomorrow"
he really needs to think and have a minute before he speaks

utter bollocks that! 3rd time in 5 seasons this has happened this 'rough arsenal up' shithouse stuff that has crept into the game is a disgrace! Wenger has every right to be fuming

Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

February 28, 2010, 06:31:33 PM
Reply #58

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

February 28, 2010, 06:43:18 PM
Reply #59

ally2

This injury was not intentional but I thought the Eduardo one was a bad tackle and I can't remember the Diaby one.

The cynical would say that Wenger was exploiting that tackle as a means to get all teams to play softer against them and subconsciously gain more protection from referees from now on.

But I think it was just 'heat of the moment' comments.