November 25, 2017, 10:01:36 AM

Author Topic: ~~~***~~~ The Official NSNO Olympics Thread~~~***~~~  (Read 53720 times)

August 13, 2012, 05:17:36 AM
Reply #930

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I wish I was dead

Mmmm, too many comments, too easy. Will let it pass.

And I don't really want you dead or hurt.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 13, 2012, 05:19:21 AM
Reply #931

Thom

Administrator
Eric Idle and Muse saved this until Jessie J joined May and Taylor for We Will Rock You...

August 13, 2012, 05:20:05 AM
Reply #932

Gash

Global Moderator
Fucking hell, lets get Jessie J to murder one of Queen's greatest hits.

August 13, 2012, 05:21:04 AM
Reply #933

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Eric Idle and Muse saved this until Jessie J joined May and Taylor for We Will Rock You...

London twenty twelve

Cringe

Simply simply lovely

August 13, 2012, 05:50:49 AM
Reply #934

dangermouse

What do people think of London's 2012 Olympic Games dependence on volunteers...having people work for free when the Olympic committee, corporates and powerful individuals are making hundreds of millions of pounds...with the Olympic committee and their  cronies raking it in, tax free, for the next four years.......

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

August 13, 2012, 05:58:39 AM
Reply #935

Thom

Administrator
A thoroughly enjoyable, unforgettable Olympics. So many great memories that'll stay with the vast majority of us for the rest of our lives.

London 2012: what a spectacle.

August 13, 2012, 06:00:26 AM
Reply #936

Zoolander

Fair play to Gary Barlow there. That took some balls.

August 13, 2012, 06:17:20 AM
Reply #937

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
What do people think of London's 2012 Olympic Games dependence on volunteers...having people work for free when the Olympic committee, corporates and powerful individuals are making hundreds of millions of pounds...with the Olympic committee and their  cronies raking it in, tax free, for the next four years.......

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Are you Thomas in disguise
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 13, 2012, 06:27:17 AM
Reply #938

Shogun

Administrator
The who are boss.

So was it just One Direction and (understandably) Russell Brand who mimed?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 13, 2012, 06:31:45 AM
Reply #939

bluestevie

Fucking hell, lets get Jessie J to murder one of Queen's greatest hits.

Could be worse, could have got Five back together or Mcfly to perform with them
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

August 13, 2012, 03:08:57 PM
Reply #940

Gash

Global Moderator
I've really enjoyed the last couple of weeks, I doubt we'll ever see as big a sporting event again in this lifetime.

August 13, 2012, 04:41:11 PM
Reply #941

Major Clanger

Okay, so now the games are over and it was a great games, we achieved a great result, ninth in the medal tables, one above Australia, which is brilliant.

But one niggling question still remains: who the absolute fuck is Jessie J?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

August 13, 2012, 06:05:19 PM
Reply #942

fast lane

Okay, so now the games are over and it was a great games, we achieved a great result, ninth in the medal tables, one above Australia, which is brilliant.

But one niggling question still remains: who the absolute fuck is Jessie J?
[/b]

My sentiments indeed.

Musically it was a mixed bag yesterday, The Who, Ray Davies and Madness had class, Elbow were pretty good too, where there were some real cringeworthy stuff included. Spice girls etc.
As Risky said, it would be pretty naive to expect only good music.
Not a fan of Ed Sheeran, but the rendition of Wish You Were Here (with Nick Mason and Mike Rutherford, adding to a feel of British musical history) was acceptable in my eyes.

Hungary were certainly one of the overachievers, we couldn't quite match them, finishing 13th, and behind Kazakstan, who bought a gold medal  :headbang: (Vinokourov in mens road race)
For a small country we did pretty well again, not getting the 12 gold we got in Sydney, but getting more than big countries like Brasil, who only got 3 gold They did miss out on Football and narrowly in men's volleyball). How much will they get next time?

One last question: Which one of your country's golds was the most special?

Our's would be Epke Zonderland in the Men's High Bar in Gymnastics.
Rated the most difficult one in the whole of Gymnastics by sports Illustrated, it was also our first gold in Gymnastics for more than a hundred years.

Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)