October 23, 2019, 12:52:10 PM

Author Topic: Footballing pet hates  (Read 12378 times)

August 29, 2012, 05:00:07 AM
Read 12378 times

New Free Transfer Signing

Saw this trending on Twitter the other day and thought it was funny and interesting: What are your football-related pet hates?

This isn't talking about Diving, Goal-line tech and all that shit, just the small things in our game that really piss you off!

My top 3 are:

Short Corners

Referring to the Prem as the "EPL" (Don't know why)

The expression "Its only a game!"

August 29, 2012, 05:11:52 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
People commenting on players they quite obviously haven't seen.

August 29, 2012, 05:13:04 AM
Reply #2

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
The phrase 'stone wall penalty'.
Players being booked for celebrating.
Commentators getting over excited when a 'big sky four' club do something slightly better than average in a game.
(Zoolander)

August 29, 2012, 05:19:16 AM
Reply #3

nomorechang

RIP
Wenger's Comments, especially when refs take notice of him, eg. When he labelled AJ as a "Diver" or all the blatant  fouls he doesn't see from his own players but screams when Fabregas used to trip over a blade of grass
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

August 29, 2012, 05:20:43 AM
Reply #4

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
When Liverpool scores a goal
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 29, 2012, 05:27:49 AM
Reply #5

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
People still not knowing that the extra officials behind the goals don't ever signal for anything and instead communicate electronically with the ref.  The reason you've never seen them make a decision is because there's nothing to see when they do make a decision or call.  Even more ridiculous is the number of commentators who don't know this either.

Ironic cheering when your side gets a decision.  When it's the 4th time you've done it in 10 minutes then perhaps you actually are getting some decisions in your favour dickheads!

People not realising that when you're running at full pelt it is entirely possible for the slightest touch from an opponent to unbalance you and bring you to the ground.  Just generally the amount of accusations of diving that are wrong!

August 29, 2012, 05:34:15 AM
Reply #6

New Free Transfer Signing

The twat behind you who thinks he knows everything about Football, and most of the time is just spouting shite or is completely wrong!

If you're reading this post and thinking "There's no twat behind me like that!"

Well...

August 29, 2012, 05:45:04 AM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
People still not knowing that the extra officials behind the goals don't ever signal for anything and instead communicate electronically with the ref.  The reason you've never seen them make a decision is because there's nothing to see when they do make a decision or call.  Even more ridiculous is the number of commentators who don't know this either.

Ironic cheering when your side gets a decision.  When it's the 4th time you've done it in 10 minutes then perhaps you actually are getting some decisions in your favour dickheads!

People not realising that when you're running at full pelt it is entirely possible for the slightest touch from an opponent to unbalance you and bring you to the ground.  Just generally the amount of accusations of diving that are wrong!

You seem to be a very angry person.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 29, 2012, 06:22:40 AM
Reply #8

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Footballers on Twitter

August 29, 2012, 07:14:46 AM
Reply #9

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
If that mass count chanting while the goalkeeper takes his kicks (Arsenal fans versus Stoke) catches on, that could get quite annoying.

Getting beat by shite teams like QPR at home and not feeling justifiably hard done by it.

The media.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 29, 2012, 10:48:47 AM
Reply #10

jongre123

August 29, 2012, 12:20:37 PM
Reply #11

DannyR

Drums at games
Goal music

Sent from my phone so I can blend in

August 29, 2012, 01:41:40 PM
Reply #12

Derek

Goal music is a major one. Small time. Hate it.

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

August 29, 2012, 01:45:15 PM
Reply #13

king sharpy

top 3                         1  that im not a prem football player                                        2   i dont  get paid  50,000  a week  and   the most annoying         3  i dont get front page news when i shag a fit bird nod

August 29, 2012, 04:23:34 PM
Reply #14

Bally

Administrator
The current offside phase of play rule
Know nothing know it all's
No video referee
Short fucking corners
The current offside rule yeah I know but it really pisses me off

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
It's the roll I way