October 20, 2019, 04:49:48 PM

Author Topic: Footballing pet hates  (Read 12374 times)

September 05, 2012, 06:59:54 PM
Reply #60

BigWoodenSpoon

When footballers use the word "Worldie" when referring to a class goal or save.  That does my fcuking head in.  I've never used that word as a kid growing up, I think it was created by footballing professionals.

September 05, 2012, 09:50:03 PM
Reply #61

MmmblueBernard

The term Tekkers

Does my swede in.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 05, 2012, 11:55:55 PM
Reply #62

macko

Arsenal fans claiming hand-ball every time the ball strikes an opposition player aove the knee.
We shall not be moved!

September 06, 2012, 12:38:54 AM
Reply #63

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The Fifa generation.

Basically fans who get their opinions from Fifa and dont actually watch a lot of football, yano fans who think Neymar is the best player ever etc......, you will notice Arsenal United and Chelsea have a lot of supporters from the "The Fifa generation"
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 07, 2012, 08:18:26 PM
Reply #64

IUToffee

Player sets up goal with a quality run/cross. Goal-scorer taps in goal. Goal-scorer proceeds to celebrate like he was the one most responsible for goal, not running over to give credit to player who set-up goal. Annoying.

September 08, 2012, 03:29:49 AM
Reply #65

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Player sets up goal with a quality run/cross. Goal-scorer taps in goal. Goal-scorer proceeds to celebrate like he was the one most responsible for goal, not running over to give credit to player who set-up goal. Annoying.

Agreed, but I'd also add the reverse situation where the player with the assist doesn't join the goalscorer and instead runs to the crowd celebrating by themself - especially when the goalscorer still had plenty to do to score.

See C. Ronaldo for both sides of this crime!

September 08, 2012, 05:11:52 AM
Reply #66

Thornton_19

The Fifa generation.

Basically fans who get their opinions from Fifa and dont actually watch a lot of football, yano fans who think Neymar is the best player ever etc......, you will notice Arsenal United and Chelsea have a lot of supporters from the "The Fifa generation"

I'll add people who think football didn't exist before the Premiership.

September 08, 2012, 06:04:52 AM
Reply #67

Bally

Administrator
This this this this this and this again

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
It's the roll I way

September 08, 2012, 11:14:34 AM
Reply #68

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

Stop picking on the Ram
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 08, 2012, 04:15:23 PM
Reply #69

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Footballers on Twitter

September 08, 2012, 10:49:22 PM
Reply #70

Derek

Anyone without even a rudimentary understanding of the history of the game, its evolution and how it has ebbed and flowed in the many years since its invention.

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

September 09, 2012, 12:38:14 AM
Reply #71

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 09, 2012, 01:00:18 AM
Reply #72

Mayor Farnum

I don’t think it’s only this generation of fans or even anything new. When I started watching football in the late seventies I didn’t give a thought to what had happened in the late fifties. In fact it was only when we were successful in the eighties that I realised we were standing second in the all time list of successful English clubs.   
Something clever written by someone else.

September 09, 2012, 01:56:41 AM
Reply #73

Optimistic Blue

Mario "ladotelli"

He's no hero, He's just a twat
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

September 09, 2012, 04:42:13 AM
Reply #74

Shogun

Administrator
people who boo opposition players when they go down when they're clearly actually injured.