October 19, 2019, 04:10:47 AM

Author Topic: World Cup qualifiers  (Read 11921 times)

September 07, 2012, 09:40:03 PM
Read 11921 times

fast lane

Start tonight.

We have an interesting home match against Turkey.
A win will take the pressure off, after the disastrous Euro's.

The team will be rejuvenated, as Rafael v/d Vaart, Nigel de Jong, Ibrahim Afellay and Gregory v/d Wiel did not get selected.
All were busy with transfers, and that was reason the new coach Louis van Gaal gave for not picking them.

The team is not known yet, but the signs so far are that it'll be a 433, with Wesley Sneijder, Jordy Clasie (my Feyenoord supporting mate will be chuffed with that) and Leroy Fer in midfield and Darryl Janmaat debutizing at right back.

Which one of Robin van Persie or Klaas-Jan Huntelaar will play, is also still open.

Wales play Belgium, can the Belgians finally deliver, with all their very good players?
More of their players are playing at big clubs now, this should be a psychological boost.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

September 07, 2012, 10:10:24 PM
Reply #1

Haile GAZrselassie

N. Ireland getting off to a very difficult start facing Russia away.

Very inexperienced team selected and it does look like they're up against it. So much so in fact that the commentator on sky has just nearly pissed his pants with excitement over the sight of N. Ireland managing to get a cross into the box. lolol.

I'll probably watch the Wales V Belgium game later instead of Moldova/England as that has the possibility of being a very good watch imo.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

September 07, 2012, 10:29:47 PM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Sounds like most Scotland players think it's just a friendly and have pulled out "injured"?  :whistle:

September 08, 2012, 12:42:33 AM
Reply #3

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Defoe starts, as does Cleverly. Looks a weird team. Will Milner or Oxlade-Chamberlin play down the left. Stange
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 08, 2012, 12:48:47 AM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
rediculously good

Belgium PL XI: Mignolet, Boyata, Vertonghen, Kompany, Vermaelen, Fellaini, Dembele, Hazard, De Bruyne, Mirallas, Lukaku

September 08, 2012, 12:51:03 AM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
rediculously good

Belgium PL XI: Mignolet, Boyata, Vertonghen, Kompany, Vermaelen, Fellaini, Dembele, Hazard, De Bruyne, Mirallas, Lukaku

Mertens, Defour, Courtouis, Benteke all on the bench?

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 08, 2012, 12:53:00 AM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator

sorry that weren't the team, just those who belong to premier league clubs. that team is scary enough without the European players in.

September 08, 2012, 12:55:09 AM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator

think this is the proper line up

Belgium XI: Courtois - Gillet, Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen - Witsel, Fellaini, Dembélé - Mirallas, Mertens, Hazard

September 08, 2012, 12:59:54 AM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
think this is the proper line up

Belgium XI: Courtois - Gillet, Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen - Witsel, Fellaini, Dembélé - Mirallas, Mertens, Hazard

Fucking mental

Defour, Van Buyten, Minoglet, Lukaku, Benteke all on the bench.

Mirallas up front?

September 08, 2012, 01:03:32 AM
Reply #9

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Belgium, on transfer fees are the third most expensive side in the world. Language barriers seem their main problem tho
Simply simply lovely

September 08, 2012, 01:05:24 AM
Reply #10

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Belgium, on transfer fees are the third most expensive side in the world. Language barriers seem their main problem tho

That and the fact that Daniel Van Buyten is the top scorer amongst the squad.

Scary potential in that squad tho

September 08, 2012, 01:07:56 AM
Reply #11

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Belgium seem to have the same issues as the Netherlands (in terms of individual potential vs team performance).

September 08, 2012, 01:12:21 AM
Reply #12

Haile GAZrselassie

It's the first time in living memory that Belgium have had the problem though.

September 08, 2012, 01:17:57 AM
Reply #13

Haile GAZrselassie

BTW.

Anybody know if any UK broadcaster has the rights to the South American WCQ's? They had them for the 2010 WC and l remember watching Maradonna do the Klinsmann along the touchline in the lashing rain when they nicked a draw against someone like Ecuador to snatch promotion when it looked like they wouldn't qualify.

Made for superb 2am viewing if you couldn't sleep.

September 08, 2012, 01:31:44 AM
Reply #14

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Watching Finland v France myself.