October 20, 2019, 12:55:16 PM

Author Topic: World Cup qualifiers  (Read 11926 times)

September 12, 2012, 06:34:56 AM
Reply #90

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If Everton had scored that goal, the commentators would have said it was the right decision it was disallowed.

Ohhhhh for fucks sake, shut up with that shit
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 12, 2012, 06:42:14 AM
Reply #91

Shogun

Administrator
To be fair Bertrand played for the U21s for a fair bit whilst on loan at a few clubs so he hasn't just a certain father of two 17 year old who has just waltzed into the squad.

September 12, 2012, 06:44:28 AM
Reply #92

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be 100% here Ive never fucking heard of him, did he play for Norwich?

Bertrand has been getting his fair share of games recently, Im just getting tired of this, "No one passes to Baines cos he plays for Everton" "He's only getting picked because he plays for Chelsea" paranoid bullshit.

Middlesbrough.

Bertrand's selection you have to think has something to do with playing for Chelsea.

Do you think a 17 year old who only has a handful of first team games to his name (Sterling) would have been called up if he played for Norwich?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 12, 2012, 07:23:34 AM
Reply #93

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Name another left back you would have?

Its clear Hodgson is getting the young players in to build on.

Guess so. Or could England slowly be falling away, and having a smaller selection of player to choose from?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 12, 2012, 04:14:29 PM
Reply #94

fast lane

John Heitinga didn't play in Budapest last night, as his fitness was in question following his cramp against Turkey.
That's what you get when you don't get enough playing time.

It was a disappointing match, not only because the Dutch are missing some good footballers, Arjen Robben didn't play either with a groin strain whilst warming up, Hungary were poor opposition.
Robben's substitute, Jeremain Lens (PSV) scored twice in a 1-4 Dutch win.
Robin van Persie only played the first half, as he was getting battered by the Hungarian defence, his sub, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scored the fourth.

Because Belgium-Croatia started 15 minutes later, I got to see some of it at half-time, and after the Dutch match.
A much better game.
I knew yesterday that Kevin Mirallas wouldn't start, but was surprised to see Marouane Fellaini not playing in the first half too.
Croatia were ahead, scored after a few minutes, but I was lucky to see the equalizer, a belter by Gillet.

In the second half both our boys were playing (MF on in 66th min & KM on in 81st min), but the score remained the same.
You'd think these two teams would normally top the group, and I guess the Belgians must feel disappointed by dropping points at home again (like they did against Turkey in the previous qualifiers, and unnecessarily too).

http://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/wedstrijden/2012-09-11/belgie/kroatie/overzicht
Interesting for the ratings, Jelavic didn't play well by the looks of it.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

September 12, 2012, 05:12:27 PM
Reply #95

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Ohhhhh for fucks sake, shut up with that shit

Well, it was the right decision it was disallowed, despite the contrary opinion of the commentators.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 13, 2012, 02:12:06 AM
Reply #96

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
John Heitinga didn't play in Budapest last night, as his fitness was in question following his cramp against Turkey.
That's what you get when you don't get enough playing time.

It was a disappointing match, not only because the Dutch are missing some good footballers, Arjen Robben didn't play either with a groin strain whilst warming up, Hungary were poor opposition.
Robben's substitute, Jeremain Lens (PSV) scored twice in a 1-4 Dutch win.
Robin van Persie only played the first half, as he was getting battered by the Hungarian defence, his sub, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scored the fourth.

I had the dubious honour to see this game live, and I have to say things are not looking god for your lads. Simply put, they were shite, but luckily for them, we were absolute rubbish, we handed all four goals on a plate to you.

But this kind of performance won't be enough against any half-decent team.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

September 13, 2012, 02:20:07 AM
Reply #97

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Bertrand has been getting his fair share of games recently, Im just getting tired of this, "No one passes to Baines cos he plays for Everton" "He's only getting picked because he plays for Chelsea" paranoid bullshit.

No-one passes to Baines because that's not the way England play. Their wide midfielders always turn inside whenever they get the ball, so Baines moving up on the overlap is largely unnoticed, unless someone attempts a crossfield pass from the right towards him, which is not the way you need to play him in.

September 13, 2012, 08:32:19 PM
Reply #98

fast lane

I had the dubious honour to see this game live, and I have to say things are not looking god for your lads. Simply put, they were shite, but luckily for them, we were absolute rubbish, we handed all four goals on a plate to you.

I can't disagree with you on this.
Was surprised that your country is above Romania in the FIFA standings.
Are they even worse?

I was expecting more opposition (if only for your sake), but then the same could be said again of Turkey.
Then the experienced trio of Robben, Sneijder and Van Persie were enough to make the difference.

Against good oppostion, more will be needed.
The defence still looks fragile.
The left back (Willems) looks nowhere like being an international, and you could possibly say the same of the right back, tho Dzsudzsák didn't offer too much against him.

Still it's another two years before we can lose all the group's games again, a lot can happen in that time.

September 13, 2012, 10:30:44 PM
Reply #99

Haile GAZrselassie

l watched the highlights on eurosport of their game against Turkey and they were massively fortunate not to get spanked in that game thanks to a combination of Tim Krul and wasteful finishing from the Turks who incidentally looked excellent.

Who else is in that group btw?
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

September 13, 2012, 10:41:41 PM
Reply #100

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
l watched the highlights on eurosport of their game against Turkey and they were massively fortunate not to get spanked in that game thanks to a combination of Tim Krul and wasteful finishing from the Turks who incidentally looked excellent.

Romania, Estonia and Andorra, so the Dutch will probably easily qualify playing shit. But it will be a tough job rebuilding that team so they can compete against serious opposition.

September 14, 2012, 08:46:37 PM
Reply #101

fast lane

I saw some highlights floating about the internet.
They were from Turkish tv, and gave the Turks a much more favourable look.
They must have shown the same edit on Eurosport.

That's what you get with highlights.
I watched the whole game, and although the Dutch didn't play a blinder, and the Turks got their chances too, the Dutch did deserve to win.
And Tim Krul played poorly as well, half missing several crosses.
He only had one pretty easy save to make besides that. 

After an hour the Turks were wasted, the Dutch should have punished them then.

October 13, 2012, 06:03:34 PM
Reply #102

fast lane

Scoring twice in the first 15 minutes promised some.
Too bad the score fizzled out a bit after that in the Dutch 3-0 win over Andorra.

John Heitinga played all 90 minutes, for a change.

Romania won the away match against Turkey making the match in Bucharest on tuesday between them and the Dutch most likely the deciding match in the group, as both teams have won all their matches till now.