November 24, 2017, 06:19:34 AM

Author Topic: Swansea City v Everton 0-3  (Read 28031 times)

September 18, 2012, 10:22:38 AM
Read 28031 times

Shogun

Administrator

Swansea City v Everton
Liberty Stadium (Capacity: 20,750)
Saturday 22nd September
12:45 UK time

Everton's last five games:

Everton 1-0 Manchester United (Fellaini)
Aston Villa 1-3 Everton (Pienaar, Fellaini, Jelavic)
Everton 5-0 Leyton Orient - League Cup - (Mirallas x2, Osman, Anichebe, Gueye)
West Brom 2-0 Everton
Everton 2-2 Newcastle United (Baines, Anichebe)

Swansea's last five games:

Queens Park Rangers 0-5 Swansea City (Michu x2, Dyer x2, Sinclair)
Swansea City 3-0 West Ham (Rangel, Michu, Graham)
Swansea City 3-1 Barnsley - League Cup - (Graham, Moore x2)
Swansea City 2-2 Sunderland (Routledge, Michu)
Aston Villa 2-0 Swansea City

Preview

Swansea City are coming off their first defeat of the season heading into this match afteran underwhelming performace at Villa Park where they failed to take their chances on Saturday afternoon whereas Everton are coming off an 2-2 home draw in a match where they were hard done by on referee decisions but played fairly well regardless of the end result, dominant for the majority of the match.

Today is the day I grant a nsno.co.uk poster's dream wish, that poster is riddick who posted the following in the Newcastle match thread:

i'd love to know the record when osman, neville and hibbert all start the game.

Below is a table showing how Everton have performed when all three have started a match together:

Swansea City

At the start of the season there were many 'expert' pundits among regular premier league watchers who had tipped Swansea City for relegation in a case of second season syndrome after losing manager Brendan Rodgers to Liverpool added with selling Joe Allen to the same club however they have had a positive start under Michael Laudrup picking up 7 points from 12 including a 5-0 master-class at QPR on the opening day of the season.

Laudrup didn't have any worries changing the squad in his first season over the summer as he bought seven players for a total of approximately 16m with outgoings of at least 21m including prominent players from last year such Joe Allen and Scott Sinclair. The player who has stood out most for Swansea thus far is Michu who Everton will have to watch out for if they're planning on keeping a clean sheet as the Spaniard has scored 4 goals in 4 matches at the start of his Swansea career.

Swansea will be without new signing centre-back Chico who is suspended, Bartley who is a new signing from Arsenal injured until December and Neil Taylor who has suffered a long term injury early in the season for Saturdays match. Gary Monk is also an slight doubt for the match.

Everton

Meanwhile, Everton will be staring at 3 matches without victory should they not gain three points from this which may add more and more pressure on the players' shoulders however performances so far have been impressive with the exception of West Brom away so there are plenty of positives to take into the match against Swansea.

Many Evertonians will have gone away from the Newcastle match with a bitter taste in their mouths and a sense of defeat following an heartbreaking Demba Ba goal which cancelled out what had seemed like a late winner from Victor Anichebe. This alone would have been bad enough regardless of two legitimate goals being chalked off for Everton at 1-1. There is however plenty of hope that this feeling of being cheated will spur David Moyes' side on going into the game.

There are only two injuries worries for Everton. The first being Darron Gibson who went off the pitch during the West Brom defeat who is scheduled to be out until mid-October and the other is Nikica Jelavic who picked up an injury and was substituted before half time during the Newcastle game though no time scale on his injury yet.

As Swansea haven't been a fixed feature amongst the elite in history, you may not be surprised to know that this is only the 16th competitive meeting between the two sides.

Swansea have never beaten Everton, is that something that fills you with confidence or worry?

COYB
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:00:16 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 18, 2012, 04:09:00 PM
Reply #1

Fellainis Hairdresser

our strike force worrys me after last night
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

September 18, 2012, 04:12:23 PM
Reply #2

Fellainis Hairdresser

howard
hibbert jags distin baines
osman neville
naismith fellaini pienaar
mirallas

1-1

September 18, 2012, 04:24:22 PM
Reply #3

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Tough to call this one.I'll be positive though, 2-0 win, Osman and Anichebe with the goals.Scrappy win that we dont deserve

Hope to see Heitinga back and at centre back
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 18, 2012, 04:29:15 PM
Reply #4

Youngy09

howard
hibbert jags distin baines
osman neville
naismith fellaini pienaar
mirallas

1-1

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! Neville should not ever be played in midfield again, he is worse than terrible!!!!!!!

Howard

Hibbert  Jagielka(or)Heitinga Distin Baines

Fellaini  Osman

Mirallas      Naismith    Pienaar

Anichebe

For me Fellaini has to play in midfield until Gibson is back, although we all now Neville will be in there.

September 18, 2012, 05:01:34 PM
Reply #5

Fellainis Hairdresser

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! Neville should not ever be played in midfield again, he is worse than terrible!!!!!!!

Howard

Hibbert  Jagielka(or)Heitinga Distin Baines

Fellaini  Osman

Mirallas      Naismith    Pienaar

Anichebe

For me Fellaini has to play in midfield until Gibson is back, although we all now Neville will be in there.

i don't want neville in there, just what i think the team will be!

maybe anichebe though to hold play up but doubt it!

September 18, 2012, 05:03:23 PM
Reply #6

Youngy09

i don't want neville in there, just what i think the team will be!

maybe anichebe though to hold play up but doubt it!

Sorry mate I thought that was the team you would like to see. I think you are correct in what you think it will be unfortunately.

September 18, 2012, 11:17:45 PM
Reply #7

The Golden Vision

Would like to see Neville and Coleman reunited down the right hand side. Hibbert dosen't work when we take the game to people he's a last ditch defender suited for when we play the top four. Jagileka and Distin to be given one more game to sort themselves out before Johnny is brought in. Mirralas in the free role behind Victor.

Howard

Neville                  Jagielka                   Distin                 Baines

Coleman               Fellaini                    Osman                Pienaar

Mirralas       

Anichebe                     

September 19, 2012, 01:15:03 AM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Howard

Hibbert     Heitinga      Distin        Baines

Mirallas   Fellaini         Osman     Pienaar

Naismith 

Anichebe

Going to presume Jelavic is out.  Wouldn't be distraught if Jags stays in but as a unit the central defence needs to start performing (as does Howard).  Heitinga might help that although dropping Fellaini back might be enough to do that anyway.  Mirallas, Naismith and Anichebe are all interchangeable which I like the idea of.

September 19, 2012, 05:49:19 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Felli's dominant display when he came on behind the front man last year will have to have a bearing on Moyes' thinking.

We need a presence up front that is reliable in terms of holding the ball up in order to bring our midfielders into play.

September 19, 2012, 10:12:21 PM
Reply #10

DJ1994

in the absence of Jelavic, and the abomination of Osman and Neville id like to see

_________________Howard______ ___________

Hibbo_______Jags________Disti n_______Baines

___________Felli________Tinga ____________

Coleman_________Osman/Naismith______Pienaar

_____________Miralles________ _____________
Class of Merseyside

September 19, 2012, 10:35:41 PM
Reply #11

Derek

Out for a win, keep up the momentum.

Swansea don't have a great defence, so I expect we can get at them and win.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

September 20, 2012, 02:38:37 AM
Reply #12

The Analog Kid

Just reading the stats at the top- I never knew the Liberty only held 20k!?  ???

September 20, 2012, 04:53:48 AM
Reply #13

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Out for a win, keep up the momentum.

Swansea don't have a great defence, so I expect we can get at them and win.

We have momentum?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 20, 2012, 12:53:43 PM
Reply #14

christiffa25

Important game this.. Win here and the wheels to a good season start are rolling again. Draw or loose and it's starting to look more and more average. I want us to flex are muscles and make sure we pick up 6pts from this and Southampton.

Team selection..

Howard
Hibbert jags heitinga baines
            Fellaini Osman
Mirallas   Naismith  Pienaar
               Anichebe

Mucha distin Neville Coleman Jnr Oviedo vellios