November 21, 2017, 04:20:33 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Southampton  (Read 24158 times)

September 28, 2012, 02:54:34 PM
Reply #30

stirlingblue

I think at some point we might see Oviedo on the left with Pienaar moving inside, we've got clear problems at centre mid so I think Moyes might try Pienaar there.

September 28, 2012, 04:04:13 PM
Reply #31

Cozzie

It is a shame the ofoe deal never came through, be good to have him in the centre now.

As far as the game goes, the players really owe the fans, we need to attack southampton from the off and dont take our foot off the gas.

Southampton themselves play good attacking football so i'd expect a good open game, with out quality showing through in the end.

3-1 Everton.

September 28, 2012, 04:23:14 PM
Reply #32

Toddacelli

That Rickie Lambert is a redshite and has said how it important it would be for him to score against Everton. I hope he puts his boots on the wrong feet and his legs run off in opposite directions the horrible little prick!

:wanker:

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 28, 2012, 04:50:42 PM
Reply #33

Cozzie

That Rickie Lambert is a redshite and has said how it important it would be for him to score against Everton. I hope he puts his boots on the wrong feet and his legs run off in opposite directions the horrible little prick!

:wanker:

I remember the last redshite fan/player to say this, conveniently played for southampton.

It was Claus Lundekvam, it was the season when we where blitzing them and we went into the game and Claus stated that "it would be great to score or to win to help out liverpool"

It was the game where we scored 2 in the last 5 minutes, when radzinski scored at the death, aptly shifting to one side of Claus and rifling into the top corner, should have seen Claus face after as if to say "how the fuck did he get that in?" Sweet justice.

Hopefully more of the same on sat.

September 28, 2012, 05:53:42 PM
Reply #34

riddick

I remember the last redshite fan/player to say this, conveniently played for southampton.

It was Claus Lundekvam, it was the season when we where blitzing them and we went into the game and Claus stated that "it would be great to score or to win to help out liverpool"

It was the game where we scored 2 in the last 5 minutes, when radzinski scored at the death, aptly shifting to one side of Claus and rifling into the top corner, should have seen Claus face after as if to say "how the fuck did he get that in?" Sweet justice.

Hopefully more of the same on sat.

first Everton game i watched, decided right then and there this is my team.

September 28, 2012, 07:50:04 PM
Reply #35

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Andy Lewis ‏@efc_andylewis

Also hearing Coleman and Naismith have knocks from midweek and are slight doubts. Victor has a chest infection and is also a worry.

Gibson and Hibbert ruled out also..
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 28, 2012, 08:05:37 PM
Reply #36

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Also hearing Coleman and Naismith have knocks from midweek and are slight doubts. Victor has a chest infection and is also a worry.

Yikes.

September 28, 2012, 08:09:52 PM
Reply #37

Gash

Global Moderator

We're getting worryingly close to Heitinga in midfield.

September 28, 2012, 08:16:35 PM
Reply #38

Toddacelli

Shit. Where's Strac when we need him?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 28, 2012, 08:20:53 PM
Reply #39

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We're getting worryingly close to Heitinga in midfield.

I don't know who else Moyes would play there? If all those players are out. Neville to RB and unless he's going to try Junior again (snowball's chance I'd think) it's going to be Heitinga at DM.

September 28, 2012, 08:29:36 PM
Reply #40

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't know who else Moyes would play there? If all those players are out. Neville to RB and unless he's going to try Junior again (snowball's chance I'd think) it's going to be Heitinga at DM.

I bet Dan Gosling wishes he'd stayed now?  :snigger:

September 28, 2012, 08:35:44 PM
Reply #41

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Ha. Yeah, perhaps.

September 28, 2012, 09:59:09 PM
Reply #42

Outworlder47

Could be Oviedo or Gueye on the left with Pienaar sliding in, and the triangle of Pienaar-Osman-Fellaini rotating around. That's a very attacking formation against a team that lets in a lot of goals, but can also score a fair few. Will be interesting to see the team selection if all those players are unavailable. Also, the strikeforce would be Jelavic with Vellios on the bench? I'm guessing either Coleman or Naismith shake off their knocks, though.

September 28, 2012, 10:50:08 PM
Reply #43

sharpattack

Very limited player. An Osman clone
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

September 28, 2012, 11:15:15 PM
Reply #44

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He said very slight doubts, so they should be ok.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney