October 21, 2019, 12:47:22 AM

Author Topic: Denis News  (Read 13728 times)

September 28, 2012, 04:40:37 PM
Read 13728 times

Toddacelli

Strac scored his second goal of the season for new club San Lorenzo the other night, but it wasn't enough to beat second-placed Velez Sarsfield.

Below report from FoxSports.com
Facundo Ferreyra scored the winner, his second of the game, as Velez Sarsfield beat San Lorenzo 2-1 to remain top of the table in the Argentinian Apertura.
Ferreyra opened the scoring for the visitors after 14 minutes but Denis Stracqualursi equalised 12 minutes later.
The game looked to be heading for a draw but Ferreyra netted the winner with 24 minutes to go.
Marcos Figueroa scored a hat-trick as Argentinos Juniors drew 3-3 with Union Santa Fe.
Figueroa scored after 18, 30 and 55 minutes but goals from Diego Jara (52), Diego Barisone (83) and substitute Pablo Magnin (90) made sure Union Santa Fe got a share of the points.
Ivan Borghello opened the scoring for All Boys after 68 minutes but Independiente earned a draw when Ernesto Farias equalised with six minutes to go.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 28, 2012, 04:43:00 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

Strac Stats

September 28, 2012, 04:55:38 PM
Reply #2

DEL PIERO

quality, this should be kept up to date - toddacelli this can be your job.

he's a kind of quirky cult hero and his letter about his time with us didn't go unnoticed.
everton are magic

September 28, 2012, 05:05:41 PM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

Will do! There is much love for Strac at Goodison.

:hug:

September 28, 2012, 06:22:40 PM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

Only 2 goals in 7 appearances, but to be fair - I can't find out how many of those were starts - although I expect most. His prev team, Tigre are not doing so good without him!

But as with our own league - it's early days yet.

October 05, 2012, 10:55:21 PM
Reply #5

Toddacelli

Not a good week for the ‘FireCracker’ losing 4-0 to Racing Club. Racing Club are on a high though, that result moving them up to 2nd in the Primera Division.
Strac’s team Club Atletico San Lorenzo Almagro, more commonly called San Lorenzo or the ‘Cyclones’ are fifth from bottom at 16th with only 6 points between them and bottom of the league Union Santa Fe.
Reports ahead of tomorrow’s game against Arsenal De Sarandi are that the Cyclones coach Ricardo Caruso Lombardi is planning a more attacking strategy of three strikers in a bid to create more chances.
Arsenal are only a couple of places above San Lorenzo and a win could see Denis and his team-mates leapfrog them and two other teams (results permitting) to 12th place.
Let’s hope the big lovely man finds the net tomorrow – there’s a lot of Blues over here who hope he can blossom into the footballer his workrate, dedication and heart deserves. And one day, just maybe, make his triumphant return to Goodison…

:hail:

October 08, 2012, 03:48:59 PM
Reply #6

Toddacelli

Well it looks like a nil-nil draw for San Lorenzo at the weekend means that the big man is still stuck on two goals so far this season, although from what I can tell from google translate he played well and I think this means he should have had a penalty? -

"In the first half, San Lorenzo abused the pitch and Denis Stracqualursi centers and did not take the time, despite the referee Pablo Lunati did not collect a clear criminal Diego Braghieri over former Tiger front."

Our Denis being a former Tigre frontman could be what he's referring to here.

Anyway, for those of you who like things like Engrish.com - here's the full report:

San Lorenzo de Almagro deserved the win against Arsenal in the New Gasometer, but could not break the 0-0 and had to settle for a meager point.
     Though pause and lacked precision, Ricardo Caruso Lombardi team generated the best chances of scoring the game , especially in the second half, which was played largely in the area defended by Cristian Campestrini.
     Arsenal took a point, which finally constituted to break the streak of four straight losses that dragged until this meeting.
     In the first half, San Lorenzo abused the pitch and Denis Stracqualursi centers and did not take the time, despite the referee Pablo Lunati did not collect a clear criminal Diego Braghieri over former Tiger front.
     In complement, San Lorenzo was more than Arsenal and followed complicating the sides.
     But the minutes passed and the local's chances were increasing, but could not break parity for lack of skill in front of goal.
     Enzo Kalinski almost breaks the zero with shot that went just left of the post Campestrini.
     In the final minutes, despair dominated San Lorenzo, he did not know how to win, before an Arsenal who took refuge and held the tie.

October 08, 2012, 04:48:19 PM
Reply #7

Toddacelli

Interesting chant from Denis' fans to advise their own coach that they want to be more positive in their play:

"Che Caruso, Caruso che, we warn you, this team is San Lorenzo and we have attack, "the audience sang in the epilogue of the game, which extended to four winless streak.

October 15, 2012, 08:38:17 PM
Reply #8

Toddacelli

Things not going so well for the big man with the big heart at the moment.

Club Atlético San Lorenzo de Almagro apparently played Newell's Old Boys and were denied a share of the points in the closing stages of the game by a very dubious penalty. Report below

In Rosario, striker Ignacio Scocco converted a late penalty to give Newell’s victory and spark a characteristic rant from hot-headed San Lorenzo coach Ricardo Caruso Lombardi.
Caruso, angry at the handball decision given against defender Abel Masuero, said referee Nestor Pitana had not even seen the incident and was influenced by the home crowd at the Marcelo Bielsa stadium.
"You can’t give a penalty like that, Masuero didn’t see the ball, it hit him," said Caruso, who had to be restrained by police when he tried to approach Pitana after the final whistle.
"The crowd screamed penalty, the fans won this match, (the referee) took his cue from what he heard, he didn’t even see the play," added Caruso, who later admitted Newell’s were much the better team.

So that is just two goals in 9 appearances now for Denis. One thing is for sure though, any lack of goals will not be for the lack of trying on his part.

Keep it up Strac! We believe in you!

October 15, 2012, 08:44:24 PM
Reply #9

Toddacelli

Rather bizarrely, Viggo Mortgensen, the actor from films such as Lord Of The Rings and A History Of Violence is a massive San Lorenzo fan and even writes a column on their official website. Strangely, some fans seem to also use him as some sort of celebrity agony aunt too.

If you want to check it out here it is:

http://www.sanlorenzo.com.ar/columnadeviggo/45/

and here is Denis' rather sparse page on their website:

http://www.sanlorenzo.com.ar/plantel/1/

October 15, 2012, 08:46:29 PM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
2 in 9 isn't too bad really, particularlyas hid team seem shit

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

October 16, 2012, 04:05:41 AM
Reply #11

Toddacelli

2 in 9 isn't too bad really, particularlyas hid team seem shit

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Yeah their manager/coach is also coming across as a wee bit 'loco'.

Really bizarre league. You can finish bottom of the league and still not get relegated (technically although I'm not sure if it has been done) as the teams who get relegated don't go down on the strength of one season - it's their average points total over the last THREE seasons. Mental!

October 16, 2012, 04:18:41 AM
Reply #12

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah their manager/coach is also coming across as a wee bit 'loco'.

Really bizarre league. You can finish bottom of the league and still not get relegated (technically although I'm not sure if it has been done) as the teams who get relegated don't go down on the strength of one season - it's their average points total over the last THREE seasons. Mental!

So much so that last season River Plate were relegated despite finishing 4th and 9th in the two half seasons before. And Independiente, who were rock bottom in the apertura easily stayed up.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

October 16, 2012, 12:17:32 PM
Reply #13

Toddacelli

I didn't know that until yesterday. I naively thought that all leagues operated the same way. Anyone know of any other deviations from our format?

October 16, 2012, 02:13:17 PM
Reply #14

DEL PIERO

I didn't know that until yesterday. I naively thought that all leagues operated the same way. Anyone know of any other deviations from our format?

brazil. not sure about the relegation system that is used in argentina (brought in i believe to help boca stay up!)
everton are magic