November 25, 2017, 02:39:21 AM

Author Topic: QPR v Everton 1-1  (Read 31834 times)

October 16, 2012, 11:30:51 AM
Reply #45

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I want us to keep a clean sheet. Getting quite concerned with how many goals we have conceded.
this

October 16, 2012, 12:19:23 PM
Reply #46

Toddacelli

I want us to keep a clean sheet. Getting quite concerned with how many goals we have conceded.

Me too. I would love to be wrong about them scoring but my gut says goals at both ends in this one.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 16, 2012, 01:01:54 PM
Reply #47

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Me too. I would love to be wrong about them scoring but my gut says goals at both ends in this one.
afraid your right - would be nice to be back to our old defending without losing our new "score goals for fun" attitude - will be difficult though

October 16, 2012, 10:31:18 PM
Reply #48

blob

no pleasing some people

over defensive: 'why can't we see more open play, and more goals'

free scoring: 'wish we conceded less'.

if, on balance, we keep winning more than we lose/draw, i'm happy for us to continue as we are.

October 16, 2012, 10:39:23 PM
Reply #49

Toddacelli

no pleasing some people

if, on balance, we keep winning more than we lose/draw, i'm happy for us to continue as we are.

You're absolutely right of course, but after having one of the tightest defences in the league last season I think people see that as achievable this season too - with the added firepower we now have up front.

Lets not forget that one equaliser can rob us of 2 points and in the games against the teams who are harder to create chances against, a solid defence can mean the difference between coming away with something or coming away with nothing.

If the forwards can keep up their form from Jan last year but we can add the defence as well, talk of CL will not be as far off as some people seem to think.

We're close to having something special here.

sent from my hand-held cellular device machine

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 18, 2012, 02:38:27 AM
Reply #50

GrantyBoy78

Confident we can beat QPR but we have a history of failng to beat teams we really should batter. QPR have got to win sometime though...that's what troubles me.

October 18, 2012, 04:32:54 AM
Reply #51

Shogun

Administrator
bit poor from Howard here

MNT vs. Guatemala: Carlos Ruiz Goal - Oct. 16, 2012

Or am I being harsh?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 18, 2012, 04:52:20 AM
Reply #52

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
bit poor from Howard here

MNT vs. Guatemala: Carlos Ruiz Goal - Oct. 16, 2012

Or am I being harsh?

Nope, should have done better, defence was poor too.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

October 18, 2012, 04:52:59 AM
Reply #53

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
no pleasing some people

I must have missed this period of time when we were 'free scoring'...
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

October 18, 2012, 05:14:00 AM
Reply #54

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Who was it who said Howard was one of the best keepers in the WORLD at one on one's?

October 18, 2012, 05:20:11 AM
Reply #55

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah the one YouTube clip clearly confirms he isn't like

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

October 18, 2012, 05:39:04 AM
Reply #56

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah the one YouTube clip clearly confirms he isn't like

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

No it dosent, but his career at Everton confirms he's nowhere near.

October 18, 2012, 06:50:32 AM
Reply #57

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
It takes a special kind of miserable cunt to abuse our players based on the fact they aren't the best in the world in their position....

October 18, 2012, 07:00:32 AM
Reply #58

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It takes a special kind of miserable cunt to abuse our players based on the fact they aren't the best in the world in their position....

Show me exactly where Ive abused him?

Im just pointing out whoever said it is clearly wrong.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:04:09 AM by TheRam »

October 18, 2012, 07:42:39 AM
Reply #59

Maestro Haze

I think it's fair to say that because we are better at attacking, we have become a bit lackadaisical and let in some pretty poor goals.
Whenever I watch us play, when the other team are just outside our box we don't press enough and don't go in for tackles. Is it just me or are the players sometimes told not to go in for a tackle. Look at the game against Wigan, no one pressed, especially Coleman as he's on the flank, he just danced around. And the positioning was woeful. Maybe I'm wrong. Long ball syndrome again as well, I really did expect our CB's to be more competent at stopping those.
Our dependence on Baines and Pienaar scares me at times, to think that if one of them got injured, we would struggle for creativity.
I'm just glad we have Mirallas now, someone who we've needed on the other side for a long time now.

QPR is going to be tough, first game without Fellaini in a very long time, he will be missed but we still have enough quality to beat them. Gibson and Hibbert should be on the bench, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 4-4-2, or maybe Mirallas/Naismith behind Jelavic. Naismith needs an opportunity to start at some point, this could be an ample situation for him to be in with Fellaini missing out.
They do have some extremely good individual performers, but their defense is a joke. So scoring goals shouldn't be a problem.

I think I'm more confident for next week though to be fair, should have a fully fit squad, with Hitzlsperger being in the team also.
I'm not expecting a win though personally as I think our CM will struggle on the day, being away from home and all that, and whether they pic up on Baines and Pienaar. I would be happy for a draw, with a win against the shite.