October 14, 2019, 03:30:52 PM

Author Topic: The David Beckham appreciation thread  (Read 13583 times)

October 20, 2012, 08:58:41 PM
Read 13583 times

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Forget all the fame shite, the spice girl wife. This fella was a fucking great player.

That performance against Greece was something else, best right foot in the game.  :hail:
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 20, 2012, 09:03:04 PM
Reply #1

Bally

Administrator
I'll be honest I preferred scholes

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
It's the roll I way

October 20, 2012, 09:05:35 PM
Reply #2

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Giggs and Scholes both much much better
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 20, 2012, 09:06:52 PM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Talking about Beckham here boys.

October 20, 2012, 09:09:58 PM
Reply #4

Optimistic Blue

Him and Owen pretty much carried England throughout the 00s
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

October 20, 2012, 09:44:06 PM
Reply #5

Bally

Administrator
Talking about Beckham here boys.

Yeah but Scholes and Giggs are much better players TBH always thought Beckham was a one trick pony, very rare you see/saw him beat a man

It's the roll I way

October 20, 2012, 09:46:40 PM
Reply #6

Gumpinio

"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

October 20, 2012, 10:21:11 PM
Reply #7

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah but Scholes and Giggs are much better players TBH always thought Beckham was a one trick pony, very rare you see/saw him beat a man

That wasnt his game tho, theres hundreds of player that were better than Beckham, but were here to appreciate his career, not compare him to players who were better than him

October 20, 2012, 10:32:43 PM
Reply #8

Bally

Administrator
That wasnt his game tho, theres hundreds of player that were better than Beckham, but were here to appreciate his career, not compare him to players who were better than him
Only pulling your chain lad, just don't rate him very good right foot but I have and will see better and on that point I'm  out

It's the roll I way

October 20, 2012, 11:08:39 PM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Only pulling your chain lad, just don't rate him very good right foot but I have and will see better and on that point I'm  out

Fairy muff, a lot of people didnt and I can see why. I thought he was great tho  :)

October 20, 2012, 11:56:26 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Great player but I was never that bothered about him.

Sent from my cell.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

October 21, 2012, 12:15:49 AM
Reply #11

Ross

Beckham the brand is far more impressive than Beckham the player.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 21, 2012, 12:18:32 AM
Reply #12

Bily No Pace

Seems like a genuinely nice guy. His parents did a good job with keeping him so grounded. As a player he wasn't the greatest, not by a long shot (still very good).
Bily No Pace has no signature

October 21, 2012, 12:46:07 AM
Reply #13

Derek

Yeah, a very good player, but was never one of the greats. Not even close, really. Seems like a good bloke, and he's had a good career, but as many have said, his celebrity outshines his ability.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

October 21, 2012, 01:59:03 AM
Reply #14

DEL PIERO

Yeah, a very good player, but was never one of the greats. Not even close, really. Seems like a good bloke, and he's had a good career, but as many have said, his celebrity outshines his ability.

can't argue with that. attracted some horrible criticism but was still a top player with a never say die attitude.

gets a massive thumbs up from me.
everton are magic