October 22, 2019, 05:21:07 AM

Author Topic: The David Beckham appreciation thread  (Read 13636 times)

December 02, 2012, 01:01:43 PM
Reply #45

DEL PIERO

departs the galaxy a champion.
everton are magic

December 04, 2012, 06:20:56 AM
Reply #46

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Considering the ridiculous fee they paid, with the honors won by LAG, the extra exposure to the league in general worldwide and seeing rising attendances domestically, I reckon he has been good value for money for the Yanks.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

February 01, 2013, 01:18:00 AM
Reply #47

Gash

Global Moderator
Top man. Donating his PSG salary to a childrens charity on Paris.

February 01, 2013, 01:20:13 AM
Reply #48

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 01, 2013, 01:31:20 AM
Reply #49

cantoffee

February 01, 2013, 01:41:52 AM
Reply #50

Toddacelli

He looks better with age

I would.

He did say he's had more 'offers' at this stage of his life than ever before. I'm just wondering how many were actually to play football...?

But fair play to him showing some class with his wages donated to charity. Not everyone likes him and most people don't seem to credit him with much intelligence, but he has always been a leader by example and has earned a lot of respect for that because it's easy to talk the talk - but this guy walks the walk.

:clap:

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 01, 2013, 05:38:54 AM
Reply #51

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Hes matured like a fine wine in his later years. A really really good ambassador for our country, and our sport.

Hopefully will score a few cracking free kicks while he's there.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

February 01, 2013, 07:09:17 PM
Reply #52

Optimistic Blue

Hopefully the millions upon millions he earns from sponsorship and what not will be enough to keep his head above water
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

February 01, 2013, 07:14:00 PM
Reply #53

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully the millions upon millions he earns from sponsorship and what not will be enough to keep his head above water

True but he's still giving up a figure well in excess of £1m to Charity.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 01, 2013, 07:17:35 PM
Reply #54

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I heard Drogba donated over £20 million to charities during his time at Chelsea. We don't here enough about all this stuff, just the gang bangs and such.

February 01, 2013, 07:35:34 PM
Reply #55

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I heard Drogba donated over £20 million to charities during his time at Chelsea. We don't here enough about all this stuff, just the gang bangs and such.

Agreed, Bellamy aswell does a lot, but we only ever hear about him hitting a par 3 with John Arne Rise
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 01, 2013, 09:00:44 PM
Reply #56

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
True but he's still giving up a figure well in excess of £1m to Charity.

Better than giving it to the French government!

Sent from my cell.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 01, 2013, 09:15:48 PM
Reply #57

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed, Bellamy aswell does a lot, but we only ever hear about him hitting a par 3 with John Arne Rise

Which, in a way, was also an act of charity.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

February 05, 2013, 04:43:39 PM
Reply #58

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 05, 2013, 11:20:06 PM
Reply #59

blob

yeah, fuck the french, but they'll undoubtedly wangle their pound of flesh from somewhere inside psg.