November 18, 2017, 06:20:36 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Birmingham  (Read 32099 times)

March 08, 2010, 10:44:07 PM
Reply #15

cantoffee

Because the Yak can't hit snow off a rope. We need Saha back

Definitely, scoring 5 is pathetic.

March 08, 2010, 10:50:09 PM
Reply #16

Fellainis Hairdresser

Definitely, scoring 5 is pathetic.

to be fair he never scored one of them, but i wouldnt drop him
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

March 08, 2010, 11:12:25 PM
Reply #17

rozzie22

i think starting the Yak is a must.
He's a big unit and needs to use his strength against beasts like Johnson and Danns.

I'd like to see Cahill start in midfield along with Heitinga (and Arteta of course)

March 09, 2010, 12:28:05 AM
Reply #18

.Rimbo.

Will the real Everton please stand up?

This score could be anything. We're wildly inconsistent at the minute but because it's away I can see us dropping points, who knows?

March 09, 2010, 12:29:57 AM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yak is a starter for me too. Apart from his poor finishing, it was his link up play that helped immensely in that win. Saha is better off the bench as he is an impact player, whereas the Yak isn't.

Cahill also shouldn't be in our strongest 11 anymore, we are progressing ahead of his ability.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 09, 2010, 01:18:21 AM
Reply #20

Derek

I dare say I feel the same. At the minute our play is better without Cahill, although I'm not doubting for one second his quality or contribution to our club over the years he has been here.

Personally, I'd use Cahill when we need him the most - grind out a result sort of games, where he'll spring out of nowhere and score.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 09, 2010, 01:19:40 AM
Reply #21

Endless, Nameless

^ I think Cahill should be a shoe in for teams like Birmingham then.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

March 09, 2010, 01:24:37 AM
Reply #22

Derek

Actually, I wouldn't start him and I'd try to batter them by swift passing and our superior quality. If it wasn't working, I'd have him on by the 65th minute with the mission to get as many crosses onto his noggin as possible.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 09, 2010, 01:55:58 AM
Reply #23

Jamokachi

1-1
Pienaar
Jerome

Argh Jim lad, what makes ye think some wear eye patches arrrgghhh.  :titanic:

Visually impaired some are it seems, yyyaaarrr!!!

March 09, 2010, 03:00:40 AM
Reply #24

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Same team as hull. Heitingas physicality may make the difference compared to last time

March 09, 2010, 03:24:47 AM
Reply #25

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yak is a starter for me too. Apart from his poor finishing, it was his link up play that helped immensely in that win. Saha is better off the bench as he is an impact player, whereas the Yak isn't.

Cahill also shouldn't be in our strongest 11 anymore, we are progressing ahead of his ability.

Cahill not in best eleven?? I dont get that. At all. Lets face facts without him we have no strength. Its all well and good playing footballers at home and i love our form but away......... we need bite

Simply simply lovely

March 09, 2010, 03:25:46 AM
Reply #26

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Will the real Everton please stand up?

This score could be anything. We're wildly inconsistent at the minute but because it's away I can see us dropping points, who knows?

So true. We have been quite bad away from home so anything ould happen. I hope we can get all 3 points but Birmingham are good at home. More than likely a draw but depending on which Everton shows up, could go either way.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:55:14 AM by Confucius »
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 09, 2010, 03:32:25 AM
Reply #27

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Cahill not in best eleven?? I dont get that. At all. Lets face facts without him we have no strength. Its all well and good playing footballers at home and i love our form but away......... we need bite

Well, we have Heitinga for the bite now.

It's about time we progressed away from Timmy. He's been a great servant, but there's no room for sentimentality.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 09, 2010, 04:15:12 AM
Reply #28

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Like Blarg said we have Heitinga for bite. Current squad should use Cahill like Scholes for United

March 09, 2010, 05:33:02 AM
Reply #29

Dr. Sponge

Howard

Neville Jagielka Distin Baines

Donovan Heitinga Arteta Pienaar

Cahill

Yakubu

If Cahill is fit, his physical presence against a physically strong Birmingham team would benefit us more than our other options. I'd bring Donovan in for his pace in counter attacking teams away from home. Apart from that it's as we were. Yak will hit some form with more game time.