November 22, 2017, 05:25:45 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Birmingham  (Read 32160 times)

March 13, 2010, 11:00:21 PM
Reply #315

griff969

If we are allowed to play football by the opposition we can beat anyone. Up against the cloggers of the division, like Birmingham or Liverpool, we look very ordinary. We didnt compete today and they did, they shouldnt really be able to stay with us, but they did to us what we did to teams 5 years ago
Evertonian ever since Andy King smashed the ball past Ray Clemence

March 13, 2010, 11:00:27 PM
Reply #316

Sprooly

main thing is we didnt lose

but fuck sake how crap were we at defending today

but at the end of the day a nice little finish from jerome (lucky) and gardner with a magnificent finish, we are denied 2 penalties (2nd one had to be given fuck sake) Victor gets injured when playing well. and moyes makes the wrong subs,

not happy at all, but stuff really didnt happen for us at all

(but fucking not good enough at the back)

March 13, 2010, 11:09:32 PM
Reply #317

blue_aussie05

Fucking brilliant. 8th is starting to look too much.

Eh, we're only 2 points off 8th now. How do you work out its too far away from us??

And 8th isn't good enough for Europe anyway, so we need to be aiming for 6th, possibly 7th depending on who wins the FA Cup. Now I think possibly 6th may be too big an ask, but certainly not 8th.

March 13, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
Reply #318

Endless, Nameless

Eh, we're only 2 points off 8th now. How do you work out its too far away from us??

And 8th isn't good enough for Europe anyway, so we need to be aiming for 6th, possibly 7th depending on who wins the FA Cup. Now I think possibly 6th may be too big an ask, but certainly not 8th.

I think we're running out of games. That was our chance to get 8th today, instead we're back to square 1.

And btw I did say that it's "starting to look too much". I didn't say it was.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

March 13, 2010, 11:54:45 PM
Reply #319

kunal32

Put this down to a season of transition. Time to regroup for next season. Highest we've reached this season is 8th and 8th is where we will finish.

March 13, 2010, 11:59:21 PM
Reply #320

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
A season of transition means we are transforming into something.

Clearly we are not in transition.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 14, 2010, 12:01:31 AM
Reply #321

.Rimbo.

Or we could be transforming from a team that relied heavily on work rate and grit, into a very good footballing team?

March 14, 2010, 12:01:47 AM
Reply #322

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

In some respects it is.  Some players are clearly coming to the end of their first eleven usefullness, we have finally started to beat the "big teams" and we are playing more attacking football.  The problem is that for every move forward another problem seems to pop up. This season it is away form and putting teams to bed.

March 14, 2010, 12:58:49 AM
Reply #323

Derek

Just got to hope they come next then, ay?

:)
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 14, 2010, 05:35:01 PM
Reply #324

kunal32

Transforming into a settled side, with the injured players now all back, hopefully we can put all the horrendus injuries behind us and Moyes can pick a side which only he'll know is his best 11 to win matches.