November 24, 2017, 01:39:22 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Bolton Wanderers  (Read 27490 times)

March 15, 2010, 05:28:11 PM
Reply #15

Derek

Their Cahill is out with a blood clot. Has been for a while.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 15, 2010, 07:46:27 PM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Ours has been out for a while too.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

March 15, 2010, 10:02:13 PM
Reply #17

Chris

Administrator
They've been rubbish away from home and conceded alot. We should cruise.

March 15, 2010, 10:13:30 PM
Reply #18

Endless, Nameless

Raping time.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

March 15, 2010, 10:20:39 PM
Reply #19

cantoffee

I want a performance similar to the Hull thrashing, although I don't expect it to be that easy, Bolton are twice as good as Hull, however that's not saying much.

March 15, 2010, 10:24:53 PM
Reply #20

Endless, Nameless

I want a performance similar to the Hull thrashing, although I don't expect it to be that easy, Bolton are twice as good as Hull, however that's not saying much.

They're really not. They're both shit.

That said, Chung yong lee is a real threat. We need to watch out for him.

March 15, 2010, 10:30:32 PM
Reply #21

cantoffee

They're really not. They're both shit.

That said, Chung yong lee is a real threat. We need to watch out for him.

Phil Brown alone makes Hull worse than Bolton. But Hull also don't carry the same quality of players, Johan Elmander, Lee, Davies, Jaskalainen are all better than any player Hull can put on the field. I'm sure I've forgotten a few, either way we should beat these as they're terrible on the road, they're just scoring at home now because of Coyle.

March 15, 2010, 10:58:38 PM
Reply #22

Endless, Nameless

Phil Brown alone makes Hull worse than Bolton. But Hull also don't carry the same quality of players, Johan Elmander, Lee, Davies, Jaskalainen are all better than any player Hull can put on the field. I'm sure I've forgotten a few, either way we should beat these as they're terrible on the road, they're just scoring at home now because of Coyle.

I agree. Bolton are better, just not twice as good. They're both shitty teams struggling to maintain top flight football.

March 16, 2010, 01:00:52 AM
Reply #23

Derek

I have zero time for Bolton. It feels like they've been hanging around the PL for way too long now and I've never really seen them do anything remotely interesting.

It may change under Coyle with investment, but we'll see. He's yet to prove he can build a team that can defend AND attack all in the same game.
Clarion Call.

March 16, 2010, 01:58:30 AM
Reply #24

Danny

are bolton still a physical team? if so, then i expect a tough game as our lightweight midfield don't seem to cope well with the rough and tumble tactics.
funny how we seem to be a little like arsenal now, as in if we are given space and time on the ball we can play some very decent football, but when teams become physical we aren't anything like the team we should be.

against hull, it was highlighted what happens when you allow arteta and pienaar time and space on the ball. but yesterday, it was as if MacLeish told his guys to get right at us the moment arteta and pienaar got the ball. also they thought nothing of doing petty fouls over and over again to stop us playing.

Fellaini is exactly our physical presence and what Arsenal are missing.

March 16, 2010, 04:12:27 AM
Reply #25

Dr. Sponge

At home, so expect us to flourish again, after a difficult start first 20 minutes.

Has Donovan gone now?

Howard
Neville Heitinga Jagielka Baines
Anichebe Arteta Cahill *Rodwell* Pienaar
Yakubu

**Osman instead of Rodwell, if he's fit.

March 16, 2010, 05:31:11 AM
Reply #26

blueblood1988

Howard

Neville  (c)                                 Jagielka                           Yobo                                 Baines

Arteta                             Heitinga

Anichebe                                                                                                                 Pienaar

Yakubu*                           Saha

Subs: Nash, Hibbert, Distin, Rodwell, Gosling, Bilyaletinov, Cahill

* Yaktrick 3-0

may aswell try 4-4-2?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:40:08 AM by Blueblood 88 »

March 16, 2010, 06:53:34 PM
Reply #27

Fellainis Hairdresser

3-1 (scared of clean sheets, and that cunt davies always scores against us)

yak              davies
arteta
anichebe
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

March 17, 2010, 02:47:55 AM
Reply #28

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Jaskalainen on his own is enough to worry me.  I think we will have them 2-0 but he is a top keeper and they make it difficult to play football.

March 17, 2010, 02:49:56 AM
Reply #29

Derek

They'll crumble if we go at them like lightening from the off. I'm positive.
Clarion Call.