March 31, 2020, 05:52:47 PM

Author Topic: Mark Halsey  (Read 951 times)

March 15, 2010, 03:54:02 AM
Read 951 times

Thom

Administrator
Been meaning to make a thread about him, after seeing him make his comeback by refereeing a reserve match on Tuesday. Also saw an interview with him on Football Focus yesterday, and didn't know that he'd only been diagnosed two days before our clash with Arsenal at Goodison.

Now he's said he'd love to return to Premier League refereeing, and hopes his first match back in the top flight will be back at Goodison (as some of you may have seen from the article on the front page). There's also a group on Facebook saying that he should be allowed to referee this year's FA Cup Final.

I guess the major moral of this story, judging by what he's said, is that referees are only human like the rest of us. We may give them hell over decisions, but we never know what's going on in their lives.

Made up to see Halsey make a full recover anyway.

March 15, 2010, 03:57:41 AM
Reply #1

evertonjoe

Certainly seemed to have a decent game when we played Arsenal though I wasn't really focusing on the refereeing in that match. He seems like a top bloke though glad he is well again

R.A.P Music

March 15, 2010, 04:39:18 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
It's a great story this. He's been at a few games recently. Saw Arsene Wenger giving him a hug when he saw him at a game. And Joe Cole did the same before Chelsea's game a couple of weeks ago.

It seems everyone in football has a lot of respect for him. And it puts football into perspective when something like this happens.

Good luck to him, and hopefully see him back in the EPL soon.

March 15, 2010, 05:15:38 AM
Reply #3

Chazman

He is a massive Evertonian,when he got the all clear,he likened it to scoring the winner for Everton in a Cup Final  :hail:
"I fuckin love this club"