November 19, 2017, 06:20:09 PM

Author Topic: Manchester City vs Everton  (Read 42925 times)

March 21, 2010, 07:40:50 PM
Reply #15

Fellaini25

We seem to perform well when we are playing against the better sides like City and Villa etc and I think the players will really be fired up for this game. I am going for a draw but a win is possible.

March 21, 2010, 08:36:12 PM
Reply #16

evertonjoe

Bilyaletdinov in for Anichebe. Osman in for Cahill.

Man City 2 Everton 0
Johnson
Adebayor

Bad times.

R.A.P Music

March 21, 2010, 09:49:23 PM
Reply #17

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

Man City 0 Everton 1
Billy

Happy days.

agree with the first part ... second part corrected   :blush:

March 21, 2010, 09:51:23 PM
Reply #18

Scouse Ruletero

Man City 2 Everton 0
Johnson
Adebayor

Bad times.

You posted Osman in for Cahill like it was a bad thing, when Osman has been playing well for a while now.

By the way, Lescott pulled a hamstring in the warm up before their game at Fulham today, and was a late change to their team. Unlikely to play against us on Wednesday now.

March 21, 2010, 09:54:24 PM
Reply #19

Endless, Nameless

I really can't predict this one at all. I'd like to see this lineup though:

Howard
Neville Heitinga Distin Baines
Pienaar Arteta Osman Yakubu
Saha
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

March 21, 2010, 10:10:59 PM
Reply #20

evertonjoe

You posted Osman in for Cahill like it was a bad thing, when Osman has been playing well for a while now.

By the way, Lescott pulled a hamstring in the warm up before their game at Fulham today, and was a late change to their team. Unlikely to play against us on Wednesday now.

I was actually saying the score that I think it will end up is a bad thing. The changes I said are the ones I think should be made. Osman has been very good in 2010 and he deserves a start but I don't think we will beat City

R.A.P Music

March 21, 2010, 10:47:16 PM
Reply #21

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think it will be a far harder game without Felli there and think a draw is on the cards but you never know.  Bily to score a screamer perhaps and then promptly do fuck all for the remaining minutes provoking a 9 page thread?

March 21, 2010, 10:53:39 PM
Reply #22

milky71

I really can't predict this one at all. I'd like to see this lineup though:

Howard
Neville Heitinga Distin Baines
Pienaar Arteta Osman Yakubu
Saha

must be confident only playing with 10

March 21, 2010, 11:04:08 PM
Reply #23

kunal32

Isn't Adebayor suspended for the Everton game?

March 21, 2010, 11:07:43 PM
Reply #24

Endless, Nameless

must be confident only playing with 10

Lmao.

Damn straight!

Honestly take your pick for the 11th man. I can't think of anyone doing too well right now.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 11:15:02 PM by Endless, Nameless »

March 21, 2010, 11:11:57 PM
Reply #25

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Lmao.

Damn straigh!

Honestly take you pick for the 11th man. I can't think of anyone doing too well right now.

Me neither but it has to be Jags or Yobo with Heitinga in DM for now, I don't like it but it will have to do.  I wouldn't play Yak and Saha together though. Bily behind the front man.

March 21, 2010, 11:14:36 PM
Reply #26

Endless, Nameless

Me neither but it has to be Jags or Yobo with Heitinga in DM for now, I don't like it but it will have to do.  I wouldn't play Yak and Saha together though. Bily behind the front man.

I don't want Bily to play any football until the pre-season. He is just not up to scratch imo.

Or if we do play him, we shouldn't in the Villa or Man City games.

We managed to beat Chelsea AND Man U without a DM, so why not city? If we can pass it around with Osman/Arteta then we don't need one.

March 21, 2010, 11:17:00 PM
Reply #27

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't want Bily to play any football until the pre-season. He is just not up to scratch imo.

Or if we do play him, we shouldn't in the Villa or Man City games.

We managed to beat Chelsea AND Man U without a DM, so why not city? If we can pass it around with Osman/Arteta then we don't need one.

Fair play and I hope we reproduce that sort of form.  Have to admit a Saha/Yak partnership has potential.

March 21, 2010, 11:20:27 PM
Reply #28

Endless, Nameless

Fair play and I hope we reproduce that sort of form.  Have to admit a Saha/Yak partnership has potential.

I think it really could work. Yakubu can cross and feed others much better than your usual striker, or so I've noticed. Play the Yak as the secondary striker and Saha as the goal machine, and I think, when they're both on form, it could be a great combo.

March 21, 2010, 11:22:43 PM
Reply #29

evertonjoe

How about something alog these lines for the city game:

Howard
Neville Jagielka Distin Baines
           Heitinga
       Arteta  Osman
Yakubu                     Pienaar
               Saha

Have Yakubu use his pace and strength to  trouble the defenders like we were having Anichebe do plus he can finish when he cuts inside. The Yak's crossing isn't that bad either so I think he could do a decent job on the wing till Bily or Anichebe are fit to start. Also the central midfield has a couple of good passers and Osman can do his terrier act like against United I can't see this team being played mind but I think t would be worth a shot.

edited because my original team had 12 men which would be a really bold (and illegal) move :bonk:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 11:24:17 PM by evertonjoe »

R.A.P Music