November 21, 2017, 10:39:28 AM

Author Topic: Manchester City vs Everton  (Read 42957 times)

March 21, 2010, 11:26:10 PM
Reply #30

Endless, Nameless

How about something alog these lines for the city game:

Howard
Neville Jagielka Distin Baines
           Heitinga
       Arteta  Osman
Yakubu                     Pienaar
               Saha

Have Yakubu use his pace and strength to  trouble the defenders like we were having Anichebe do plus he can finish when he cuts inside. The Yak's crossing isn't that bad either so I think he could do a decent job on the wing till Bily or Anichebe are fit to start. Also the central midfield has a couple of good passers and Osman can do his terrier act like against United I can't see this team being played mind but I think t would be worth a shot.

edited because my original team had 12 men which would be a really bold (and illegal) move :bonk:

Lol you did the opposite to me. Us Evertonians are shit at maths...

Anyway, I quite like it. I think I'd like to see that in action.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

March 22, 2010, 01:18:48 AM
Reply #31

Scouse Ruletero

I was actually saying the score that I think it will end up is a bad thing. The changes I said are the ones I think should be made. Osman has been very good in 2010 and he deserves a start but I don't think we will beat City

Fair enough, apologies mate.

Lescott has been officially ruled out of the game vs us:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/March/Lescott-ruled-out-of-Everton-clash

March 22, 2010, 06:07:12 PM
Reply #32

Fellainis Hairdresser

howard
neville jags distin baines
heitinga
pienaar osman arteta billy
saha

2-1 to city
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

March 22, 2010, 06:34:39 PM
Reply #33

MmmBlueRamirez

2-1 to us.

eboue own goal and an osman curler. bellendamy for citeh.

They key to this game is Heitinga and Jags doing one on UglyArgyfella. Keep him quiet and we'll be in there.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 22, 2010, 07:06:49 PM
Reply #34

evertonjoe

2-1 to us.

eboue own goal and an osman curler. bellendamy for citeh.

They key to this game is Heitinga and Jags doing one on UglyArgyfella. Keep him quiet and we'll be in there.

When did City sign him?

R.A.P Music

March 22, 2010, 07:40:48 PM
Reply #35

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Bily in for Victor and Ossie in for Cahill.

They'll attack which means there'll be more space for our creative players.

I can see a high scoring draw for this one.

March 22, 2010, 09:43:52 PM
Reply #36

MmmBlueRamirez

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 23, 2010, 01:12:25 AM
Reply #37

cantoffee

let's hope our defence has got some confidence after finally keeping a clean sheet, we've got goals in the team and so do they so it could be interesting. They'll attack heavily so it should leave them open to counter attack, it'd be nice to have Vic back because his pace on the counter would be great unfortunately his injury looked fairly bad.

My guess is pienaar as an outlet will be the key to the game, if he can play well and break quickly it'll go a long way to us winning the game.

March 23, 2010, 02:58:57 AM
Reply #38

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I don't want Bily to play any football until the pre-season. He is just not up to scratch imo.

Or if we do play him, we shouldn't in the Villa or Man City games.

We managed to beat Chelsea AND Man U without a DM, so why not city? If we can pass it around with Osman/Arteta then we don't need one.

That can only happen in home games. Remember Spurs away, we need a DM, no question. Especially with Ireland, Bellamy, Teves, Adebayor around. Snuff out their attackw will always mean we have a man over in attack as  they push far forward.
Pienaar is our key as he was against Arsenal, if he has a good game we will have plenty of chances.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 23, 2010, 03:10:09 AM
Reply #39

Gumpinio

Howard

Neville  Jagielka Yobo  Baines

Heitinga  Arteta  Rodwell       
Osman                        Pienaar

Saha

tempted to put Billy in there instead of Rodwell,  Bily right wing and Osman in the centre, drop Heitinga back a little and let Osman and Arteat get forward at every oppertunity.  2-2, Tevez and Bellamy for them, 2 late goals for us.  Saha and then Yakubu to scored off the bench.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

March 23, 2010, 03:38:50 AM
Reply #40

Thom

Administrator
Unfortunately I can see Moyes replacing Anichebe with Osman on the wing (I hate seeing Osman wasted on the wing...), and the rest of the team that started against Bolton keeping their places.

2-1 City. Yakubu for us, Tevez and Bellamy for them.

March 23, 2010, 04:12:01 AM
Reply #41

Chazman

3-1 to the Blues.Really fancy us for this. A chance to put the pressure on the RS as well.
"I fuckin love this club"

March 23, 2010, 05:22:33 AM
Reply #42

the doc

goals galore in this game, hopefully 3-2 to us!

March 23, 2010, 05:30:47 PM
Reply #43

SKay3

I think Yak deserves another start but with the Moyes pecking order, I can see Cahill starting as well. Can't see us coming away with anything there to be honest, 3-1 Citeh Tevez 2, Bellamy, Yak for us

March 23, 2010, 09:09:49 PM
Reply #44

Chris

Administrator