September 22, 2019, 03:35:51 PM

Author Topic: Should Gerrard Miss the WC?  (Read 4771 times)

March 22, 2010, 03:54:30 AM
Reply #30

.Rimbo.

None of Englands supposed 'top players' have had a good season bar Rooney.

Ferdinand - only just played 4 games in a row and has been out for most of the season
Terry - lost captaincy and looks like its badly affected him-his form has dropped badly and not scoring goals this year like he normally does
Lampard - had a good season but not great by his usual standards
Gerrard - Had an awful season, looks fed up, half fit and not interested

Add that to Cole maybe not making it then I think we could really struggle.

We would have struggled anyway.

March 22, 2010, 07:49:41 AM
Reply #31

Flusky

When did he stop being Saint OJ Gerrard of Huyton, Chief Starfish and hunter of DJs? Capello would pick him any day of the week because his claim that he picks on form is as believable as his Prime Minister.

March 26, 2010, 05:02:04 AM
Reply #32

ToffeeBlue83

England's so called  'golden generation' (Rooney apart) have been dreadful this year so Capello has some big decisions on his hands, he can't pick players on reputation alone.
However does he trust the back up players enough? Zamora has been heavily tipped for example, he is in great form but stick him in an England shirt and he could be like a rabbit in the headlights.

However if he plays the likes of Johnson, Milner,Zamora and Baines they maybe inexperienced yes, but they may have that extra hunger and desire the likes of Gerrard and Terry don't have at the moment. Playing for England is like going through the motions for them - they have already shown they consider other things in life more important.

I feel I could support and England side more if it had more honest players in it rather than the same over-paid arrogant tw*ts (Cole,Gerrard,Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand etc) who fail at every major tournament anyway.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 09:20:28 AM by ToffeeBlue83 »
Royal Blue Mersey - the web's newest Everton blog

March 26, 2010, 09:30:51 PM
Reply #33

slothzen

Suppose you knew Donovan was coming back in the summer, now suppose he scores a helicopter hat-trick Vs. a team composed of Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, and Co.  Would this make you happy?

March 26, 2010, 09:38:10 PM
Reply #34

.Rimbo.

Suppose you knew Donovan was coming back in the summer, now suppose he scores a helicopter hat-trick Vs. a team composed of Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, and Co.  Would this make you happy?

Yes. I'd love him to dump the shower of cunts out the World Cup.