November 19, 2017, 03:45:19 AM

Author Topic: 1 or 2 more players in for Jan  (Read 2179 times)

December 22, 2009, 06:11:55 AM
Read 2179 times

.Rimbo.

Well...who do we reckon then? Moyes said the other day that Donovan was the first of hopefully two or three.

What positions should we be looking to strengthen, and do you have anyone in mind?

deCoubertin

December 22, 2009, 07:07:11 AM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Left back in case baines gets injured.  Left or right sided midfield to take pressure of Pienaar and A struggling Bily. No idea who though.

December 22, 2009, 07:12:04 AM
Reply #2

American Evertonian

Left back in case baines gets injured.  Left or right sided midfield to take pressure of Pienaar and A struggling Bily. No idea who though.

This.  And if not a LB a CB.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 22, 2009, 07:24:00 AM
Reply #3

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes tends to add 1 or 2 to the number of potential targets.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 22, 2009, 07:49:38 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Whoever he gets in, it's not likely to improve our starting 11. Batten down the hatches lads, it's a rough one!
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 22, 2009, 07:56:23 AM
Reply #5

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We need a CB ASAP. Senderos loan or sign. And a LB as cover for Baines. As Much as you all disagree, a strong defence allows us to win games. See last season. No strikers but had a great defence means 5th.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 22, 2009, 09:04:12 PM
Reply #6

toffee_scot

Donovan can fill in the striker role and an attacking midfield role.

A centre midfield player could be nice, probably someone who can play a deeper role and keep things steady.

We really need defenders and quickly! At least 2 including one who can cover at left back. I doubt we'll see the best of Jagielka this season and Yobo will be gone for a few weeks anyway.

So we really need at least 3 more players in January, preferably some who aren't injury prone.

December 23, 2009, 04:54:46 AM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Distin never had an injury until he came here.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...