September 19, 2019, 03:15:17 AM

Author Topic: Tony Mowbray  (Read 3715 times)

March 25, 2010, 11:01:35 PM
Reply #15

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

March 25, 2010, 11:05:04 PM
Reply #16

Gash

Global Moderator
No big surprise in that really.

March 25, 2010, 11:06:43 PM
Reply #17

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Can only be an improvement, players didn't seem to like him anyway.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

March 26, 2010, 12:03:29 AM
Reply #18

bloody scally

It was always going to happen though. The old firm are about as managerially stable as Man City.

Fucking arsehole Mowbray. Last night i was gonna put 35 on everton to win returning £140. I looked today and thought hmm... If I'd have put have won last night £50 Mowbray next manager to get sacked returning £300. I'm predicting Benfica to win the EL now 6/1. Better get in quick.

March 26, 2010, 01:30:17 AM
Reply #19

Mayor Farnum

Don't see the point of sacking him. League is so poor up there that the same Celtic squad could win the spl next season. 
Something clever written by someone else.

March 26, 2010, 01:38:19 AM
Reply #20

Derek

Nah, they couldn't. Rangers have a steady and immensely boring team that kill a game off and just ping balls up to Miller and Boyd until they score. That'll win the league over this experimental Celtic team any day.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 26, 2010, 05:07:09 AM
Reply #21

Gash

Global Moderator
Just said on SSN that he had worse win percentage than John Barnes. 28% Mowbray, 29% Barnes. Thats bad.

March 26, 2010, 12:12:45 PM
Reply #22

RICH

i thought he was doing a great job him and rafa for managers of the year

March 26, 2010, 02:41:19 PM
Reply #23

Derek

Just said on SSN that he had worse win percentage than John Barnes. 28% Mowbray, 29% Barnes. Thats bad.

Bloody Hell.

That 4-0 will go down in Celtic history right beside the Cally result for Barnes' reign.
Clarion Call.

March 27, 2010, 01:54:11 AM
Reply #24

Mayor Farnum

Nah, they couldn't. Rangers have a steady and immensely boring team that kill a game off and just ping balls up to Miller and Boyd until they score. That'll win the league over this experimental Celtic team any day.
I don't know. The old firm matches have been pretty close. I think both teams are as ordinary as each other.
Something clever written by someone else.

March 27, 2010, 03:08:10 PM
Reply #25

Derek

The Old Firm games the past few seasons have always been like that. It's the nature of that fixture - it's always tight.

Over the course of a season the current boring as bollocks Rangers team will beat most of their opponents 1 or 2-0 and the current Celtic team simply can't grind them out.

It's boring, it's partially tragic but that's how it goes.
Clarion Call.

March 28, 2010, 03:56:26 AM
Reply #26

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
3-1 win for Lennon's first match. Kilmarnock won in the reverse fixture under mowbray.

March 28, 2010, 05:56:29 AM
Reply #27

Gash

Global Moderator
3-1 win for Lennon's first match. Kilmarnock won in the reverse fixture under mowbray.

Yeah, But it's Kilmarnock. Hardly worth shouting about.

March 28, 2010, 07:56:38 AM
Reply #28

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, But it's Kilmarnock. Hardly worth shouting about.

I know but seeing as it's a team Mowbray couldn't beat I see it as a step in the right direction.

March 28, 2010, 04:01:12 PM
Reply #29

Derek

Both team and fans had more fight than they've had for a bit.
Clarion Call.