October 22, 2019, 07:57:11 AM

Author Topic: Premier League VS La Liga  (Read 6331 times)

March 26, 2010, 04:52:10 AM
Reply #30

Endless, Nameless

The joys of ESPN and having a foreign girlfriend who's not arsed about watching anything on tv!

Why is the foreign part significant? And where's she from?
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

March 26, 2010, 04:55:36 AM
Reply #31

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Why is the foreign part significant? And where's she from?

The foreign part helps as there's nothing on UK TV that she's overly bothered about watching as she didn't grow up with any of it.

She Finnish mate.

March 26, 2010, 04:57:53 AM
Reply #32

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
The joys of ESPN and having a foreign girlfriend who's not arsed about watching anything on tv!

You are my hero

March 26, 2010, 05:00:28 AM
Reply #33

Endless, Nameless

The foreign part helps as there's nothing on UK TV that she's overly bothered about watching as she didn't grow up with any of it.

She Finnish mate.

Hmmm never met a fin. She wasn't mail order, was she? Can't imagine there's too much on offer in the Isle of Man ;D
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

March 26, 2010, 05:13:01 AM
Reply #34

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Hmmm never met a fin. She wasn't mail order, was she? Can't imagine there's too much on offer in the Isle of Man ;D

She's coping here although I don't blame her for missing Finland as it's a pretty ace country, and yeah the island is a fairly dull place to live in general.

March 26, 2010, 05:17:48 AM
Reply #35

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

She Finnish mate.

Hyvä tyttö :)
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

March 26, 2010, 05:18:32 AM
Reply #36

Gash

Global Moderator

She Finnish mate.

Your ignorant. UKTV was stopped ages ago. It's Watch on channel 109 now. Imagine not telling the poor girl, just to feed your love of football, NFL and MotoGP. I bet you've banned her from soap operas too  :wag:

March 26, 2010, 07:15:04 AM
Reply #37

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Your ignorant. UKTV was stopped ages ago. It's Watch on channel 109 now. Imagine not telling the poor girl, just to feed your love of football, NFL and MotoGP. I bet you've banned her from soap operas too  :wag:

I see a pattern emerging

March 26, 2010, 02:58:17 PM
Reply #38

fast lane

The Premier League may be the richer, and have imported the bigger stars (except for Lionel Messi of course), I can't help feeling that Spanish football is on a higher technical level.
Just compare the two national teams.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

March 26, 2010, 03:25:56 PM
Reply #39

di_guyo

The Premier League may be the richer, and have imported the bigger stars (except for Lionel Messi of course), I can't help feeling that Spanish football is on a higher technical level.
Just compare the two national teams.

it's easier to be more technical when the pace of the game is slower.

prem league for me for a reason mentioned...i think spain have a few better teams..barca and real i think are better than united and chelsea...but when it comes to the bottom they're not as strong as in the prem...so all things considered i'd say prem league was the stronger league
Everton & Atleti

March 26, 2010, 05:26:51 PM
Reply #40

Derek

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 27, 2010, 12:30:37 AM
Reply #41

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Hyvä tyttö :)

Good something to you too bizi.  Isn't Finnish related to Hungarian in some way?

March 27, 2010, 12:44:49 AM
Reply #42

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Good something to you too bizi.  Isn't Finnish related to Hungarian in some way?

Yes, it sounds a bit like gibberish in an archaic Hungarian dialect. :)

The grammar doesn't come as a shock to us and I learned the pronounciation in a day, that's about all the advantage we get. Now I can read Finnish text aloud (with a horrible accent) without knowing what it means. :)

(The second word is supposed to mean girl, by the way.)
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

March 27, 2010, 01:00:51 AM
Reply #43

cad

The grammar doesn't come as a shock to us and I learned the pronounciation in a day, that's about all the advantage we get. Now I can read Finnish text aloud (with a horrible accent) without knowing what it means. :)

I wonder if that's where we get 'totty' from?

(in an archaic sort of way...)
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

March 27, 2010, 01:09:41 AM
Reply #44

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

I've just about learned the pronounciation now, at least my girlfriend says it's alright now.  Next step is moving on to actually understanding the words and being able to say stuff other than just my favourite words that sound funny to me.

I think it's going to be a long frustrating ride for me to be honest!