August 23, 2019, 10:23:46 PM

Author Topic: Dean Ashton retires  (Read 7223 times)

December 12, 2009, 08:20:46 PM
Reply #15

Con.1878

Just makes you think with all our injuries.
:'( *Cuts Wrists* :'(

December 12, 2009, 08:27:10 PM
Reply #16

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I feel sorry for him, he obviously wanted to play and he was one of a dying breed of old fashioned front men.

December 12, 2009, 11:17:37 PM
Reply #17

ally2

A great shame for him - let me say that.  And a reminder that players are fragile.  But this outpooring of sentiments (everywhere) seems  OTT.  No doubt there'll be mongs on the phone-ins offering their best wishes...no-one's died and he wasn't that good anyway.  Depression in football is a much more important general isssue.

Anyone who says 'mongs' is immediately put on my 'idiots who infect the gene pool' list.
People can feel sorry for the guy, as he was a good football player and not some cocky asshole like a lot of them.

LOL.  That told me.  Does 'LOL' get someone on your list too?

December 13, 2009, 05:37:57 AM
Reply #18

Endless, Nameless

A great shame for him - let me say that.  And a reminder that players are fragile.  But this outpooring of sentiments (everywhere) seems  OTT.  No doubt there'll be mongs on the phone-ins offering their best wishes...no-one's died and he wasn't that good anyway.  Depression in football is a much more important general isssue.

Anyone who says 'mongs' is immediately put on my 'idiots who infect the gene pool' list.
People can feel sorry for the guy, as he was a good football player and not some cocky asshole like a lot of them.

LOL.  That told me.  Does 'LOL' get someone on your list too?

Last time I checked, lol is only offensive to grammar, not a type of person with a horrible and unfortunate disability. There's no need to say mong, that's my point. Get over yourself mate.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 14, 2009, 01:51:10 AM
Reply #19

toffee_scot

Poor guy, he was getting to the top of his game. Have a bad feeling the same thing will happen to James Vaughan.

December 14, 2009, 05:33:21 AM
Reply #20

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Poor guy, he was getting to the top of his game. Have a bad feeling the same thing will happen to James Vaughan.

Not looking good for Victor either I've heard. Would be a great shame to lose two Academy products at the same time.