November 20, 2017, 03:51:42 AM

Author Topic: Everton v West Ham United  (Read 24771 times)

April 05, 2010, 12:05:14 AM
Reply #210

huck

To be fair to West Ham they seemed to have had renewed confidence, I wonder what Zola said to them at half-time. As for us, we played as if we were really missing Arteta and we gave the ball away many times. The opposition looked the hungrier team in the second half, but even then we really should have won the game.

We can't rule out finishing in the top 7, however, it's a bigger mountain to climb now and I fear our time is running out. Hopefully next season we can improve on our consistency and hopefully in the next 6 games, we don't suffer any more long term injuries.

I think Zola said something along the lines of ignore Cahill and Saha they are toothless and concentrate on the rest of the team as they aren't all that arsed either and we will get something here.

I am shattered at that result. Fucking hell.
Le Berry

April 05, 2010, 12:05:57 AM
Reply #211

sharpattack

So where are the 5-0 and 6-0 nil batterings people were predicting on here?? West ham had to end their run at some time. I had a funny feeling about this game all week and so it proved.
Well done on your "funny feeling" The hammers are going down, we have done Chelsea and manure convincingly in recent weeks. it was not too much to expect us to bury them
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

April 05, 2010, 12:09:06 AM
Reply #212

everton-4-ever

we all expected and to be honest demanded victory after all
it was west ham

go figure hey
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

April 05, 2010, 12:09:39 AM
Reply #213

Fern

No it was, why should we of buried them? So what if we beat manure and chelsea? This was a differrent game they're fighting for their manager and prem survival - it was a bad time to face them. You can't always play at the level we beat the top 4 teams. I for one def didn't think we'd "batter" them.

The second goal was coming and we switched off - tiem and time again we don't handle direct, long or early crosses well, no matter what the game is.

April 05, 2010, 12:19:40 AM
Reply #214

toffee_scot

No it was, why should we of buried them? So what if we beat manure and chelsea? This was a differrent game they're fighting for their manager and prem survival - it was a bad time to face them. You can't always play at the level we beat the top 4 teams. I for one def didn't think we'd "batter" them.

The second goal was coming and we switched off - tiem and time again we don't handle direct, long or early crosses well, no matter what the game is.

I, like you, didn't think at the beginning that we would batter them, but still I expected us to win the game by at least a goal or two. Even if West Ham are battling for survival, I thought we also had a good incentive to win as we are chasing a European cup place and on paper we should have won the game.

April 05, 2010, 12:30:36 AM
Reply #215

Fern

I, like you, didn't think at the beginning that we would batter them, but still I expected us to win the game by at least a goal or two. Even if West Ham are battling for survival, I thought we also had a good incentive to win as we are chasing a European cup place and on paper we should have won the game.

For sure, but we fail to do well when a team throw us a physical test as they did. Im so gutted, ruined my whole week.

April 05, 2010, 01:05:50 AM
Reply #216

kunal32

The last two results has all but killed of any hopes of 7th place. Pushing for 4th next season? I'm not so sure. We'll certainly need to maintain 100% concentration throughout games at not switch off at the back if we are to make any fist of going for it.

April 05, 2010, 01:12:21 AM
Reply #217

Billyfozz

So where are the 5-0 and 6-0 nil batterings people were predicting on here?? West ham had to end their run at some time. I had a funny feeling about this game all week and so it proved.

Well done.... Give your self a pat on the back,
We're the team, we're supreme, number one and we love you E-ver-ton

April 05, 2010, 01:14:00 AM
Reply #218

Billyfozz

Anyway... I am quite the Moyes fan but today was mostly his fault... I was crying for Osman to go even after the first half, he just left it well too late this time.
We're the team, we're supreme, number one and we love you E-ver-ton

April 05, 2010, 01:41:14 AM
Reply #219

Gumpinio

Anything less than 3-0 would be disappointing
Anything less than 3 points would be a disgrace

Only everton could equalise with 4 minutes left and get a draw against such shite opposition
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

April 05, 2010, 01:44:05 AM
Reply #220

Endless, Nameless

The last two results has all but killed of any hopes of 7th place. Pushing for 4th next season? I'm not so sure. We'll certainly need to maintain 100% concentration throughout games at not switch off at the back if we are to make any fist of going for it.

Maybe, but think about it. Either spurs, Villa, Liverpool or Man City will be getting 4th this season. All of them have been prone to switching off, dropping silly points and being inconsistent.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

April 05, 2010, 02:21:50 AM
Reply #221

bluemanx3

baines looked like he couldnt pay at the start of 2nd half when he fell awkwardly, he should have been took off; on the other falnk, neville, where do you start with him

April 05, 2010, 07:08:04 AM
Reply #222

Always a Toffeeman

i watched the match on sky today and have noticed a few things, firstly yes this was a shite result, but it was all due to our own downfall. i think moyes has to take some of the blame today. i agreed to a point with the starting line up, maybe yak for saha but mainly it was ok. pienaar i thought was awful today. a lot of the ball no final creativity. he went down every other second, we dont need players like that, that gives the ball back to west ham and invites an attack. as well as that he didnt track back as much as he should have, osman was no where, i'm not one of the ones who blame him constantly because i do believe he is a good solid player, but today hardly had the ball and didnt go looking. saha is jus disinterested. heitinga was very good, solid on ball won headers, i thought jags was good as well. bily i thought was good too. looked dangerous tackled looked up for it. but yet moyes takes him off instead of pienaar or even osman when he looked dangerous. he has had hardly any game time and still managed 5 goals. thats a good achievement. baines totally solid. but if you want to blame anyone for this defeat its neville osman, pienaar or saha. simple as
 #formerly efc for life