October 22, 2019, 11:15:21 AM

Author Topic: USA(Everton) vs England  (Read 2496 times)

March 29, 2010, 05:04:41 AM
Read 2496 times

Meak

idk if this should be moved, maybe, but on with my point...

for those of you in england, or who cheer for them...

what would your feeling be if somehow (hypothetically just imagine it happened lol) the usa beat england, or got a draw and Donovan scored and Howard played phenomenal, would u be more happy for your clubs players doing well, or more pissed that England didn't take the 3 pts from a team they're supposed to beat handily?
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

March 29, 2010, 01:46:27 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be delighted with the result.

Also, I'll hopefully be in the States during the WC too.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 29, 2010, 07:44:47 PM
Reply #2

bluestevie

as much as i love howard and donovan, if they play a part in stopping england at the world cup i will be pissed off as i want nothing more than to see the 3 lions win the cup this summer
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

March 29, 2010, 10:15:33 PM
Reply #3

Craig_1878

as much as i love howard and donovan, if they play a part in stopping england at the world cup i will be pissed off as i want nothing more than to see the 3 lions win the cup this summer

this

But i hope USA have a good WC (just not as good as England  ;) )
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

March 29, 2010, 11:11:36 PM
Reply #4

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Couldnt give a fuck. Years of our players getting tapped up in the camp has totally numbed my affections toward our national side. Its Everton or nothing for me.

Just as long as I see some top football ill be happy.

March 30, 2010, 12:24:07 AM
Reply #5

Sharky

no fucking way, this question is stupid its just like asking if stoke beats everton and beattie plays well and scores a hat-tick.

It doesnt matter how much you love the player/s in question its the team your supporting that has to do well.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

March 30, 2010, 01:11:28 AM
Reply #6

Mayor Farnum

Would love to see Donovan score against England and lift up his USA shirt to reveal the Royal Blue.
 Imagine the reaction of all the shaven headed knobheads with the names of their kids tattoed on their ankles, spilling their fizzy larger and crying to talksport about "Everton ruining our world cup."
Something clever written by someone else.

March 30, 2010, 05:16:50 AM
Reply #7

di_guyo

england win or nothing...couldn't give a fuck about howard, donovan, pienaar etc when they play against england...ill look out for them and wish them well in other games but england win comes first
Everton & Atleti

March 30, 2010, 06:07:49 AM
Reply #8

Meak

no fucking way, this question is stupid its just like asking if stoke beats everton and beattie plays well and scores a hat-tick.

It doesnt matter how much you love the player/s in question its the team your supporting that has to do well.

you're a moron, how is this stupid and in anyway similar to your point?

beattie isn't with the team anymore, and hasn't been for a while...

howard is our #1 and donovan made such a statement here and might come back... i asked something similar last year as to how many of u support england as much as everton and a lot of people didn't give a fuck about the three lions at all
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

March 30, 2010, 06:24:00 AM
Reply #9

Bluenose 91

Couldnt give a fuck. Years of our players getting tapped up in the camp has totally numbed my affections toward our national side. Its Everton or nothing for me.

March 30, 2010, 12:53:31 PM
Reply #10

HungryHungryHibbo

filled out a predictor here http://www.worldcupchart.com/
had argentina beating brazil in the final, england in fourth after spain
coyb

March 30, 2010, 04:49:26 PM
Reply #11

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
howard is our #1 and donovan made such a statement here and might come back... i asked something similar last year as to how many of u support england as much as everton and a lot of people didn't give a fuck about the three lions at all

I think you'll find the clientele has changed somewhat since then. :)
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

March 30, 2010, 07:45:25 PM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

This.

I hope England crash and burn like I do at every tournament.

Over-hyped pieces of shite.

And this.

March 30, 2010, 09:54:10 PM
Reply #13

cantoffee

filled out a predictor here http://www.worldcupchart.com/
had argentina beating brazil in the final, england in fourth after spain

I also had Argentina winning, beating the Netherlands in the final. The U.S.(who I think could do quite well) lost to Spain in the 3rd place playoff. Looking at my results at doubt it would go down like that mainly because I had England playing Germany in the in the round of 16 and losing, but I suppose that shows just about how much confidence I have in England for this World Cup.

April 02, 2010, 07:04:34 PM
Reply #14

Sharky

you're a moron, how is this stupid and in anyway similar to your point?

beattie isn't with the team anymore, and hasn't been for a while...

I know some people dont support the team, but im sure if asked most of them would say theyd want england to win.

I might of missunderstood your point as from what ive understood from it is: An England fan, wouldnt be bothered if we lost to the yanks because 1 of our players play for them. And no you cant count donovan as last time i checked, hes contracted to LA Galaxy and not Everton, i dont care if he supports us now, in the same way that i wont support Scotland v England just beacuse Duncan Ferguson supports Everton.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.