September 21, 2019, 06:17:26 AM

Author Topic: Great Stadiums Of The World  (Read 6871 times)

December 25, 2009, 03:16:34 AM
Reply #15

IUToffee

The one we played the MLS All Stars in was class. Is it in Chicago or somewhere? Can't quite remember.

Hopefully one of our friends from across the pond can help me on that one.

We played a friendly in 2008 against the Chicago Fire at Toyota Park, which is 30 miles outside Chicago and I doubt what you're referring to.  Solider Field is quite magnificient, right in downtown Chicago and on Lake Michigan, but Everton have never played there.

You may be referring to the match against the MLS All-Stars this past summer, which was outside of Salt Lake City I believe.

December 25, 2009, 04:18:02 AM
Reply #16

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
We played a friendly in 2008 against the Chicago Fire at Toyota Park, which is 30 miles outside Chicago and I doubt what you're referring to.  Solider Field is quite magnificient, right in downtown Chicago and on Lake Michigan, but Everton have never played there.

You may be referring to the match against the MLS All-Stars this past summer, which was outside of Salt Lake City I believe.

We also played at Reliant Stadium in Houston a few years back, and that's an impressive stadium.  I can't remember if we played at the Qwest Stadium in Seattle when we were there, that is a hell of a view from a stadium!

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 04:19:36 AM by Risky »

December 25, 2009, 05:49:37 AM
Reply #17

theshred

The new NFL stadium in Dallas is massive. It has the world's largest HDTV hanging in the middle. Cost $1.15 billion to build.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboys_Stadium
theshred has no signature because he wants no signature

December 28, 2009, 02:53:52 PM
Reply #18

Derek

Palmertson Park. Home of Queen of the South.  :eh:

My folks live about a two minute walk from there. You're missing the main stand so that's not too fair!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 28, 2009, 05:42:53 PM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator
My folks live about a two minute walk from there. You're missing the main stand so that's not too fair!

That is the main stand mate. The stand opposite is the new stand, that's what you'll be thinking of.

Small world, I work about 2 minutes from there.  :thumbsup:

December 28, 2009, 06:03:34 PM
Reply #20

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
The San Siro still impresses me

December 29, 2009, 01:45:33 AM
Reply #21

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I love La Bombanera, home of Boca Juniors.  To go and watch a game there would be amazing, and that weird little stand down one side is awesome!

December 29, 2009, 02:08:32 AM
Reply #22

Haile GAZrselassie

according to a manc mate of mine the san siro is a real dump on the inside. piss runs along your feet on in the toilets and it's basically just not a great place to watch the game either.

if they end up in the europa again though (or we get in the CL) anytime soon it would still be top of the list of places id want to go to be able to say i've been.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 29, 2009, 05:50:52 AM
Reply #23

Endless, Nameless

Quote from: craigeverton1878 lijavascript:void(0)nk=topic=319.msg4438#msg4438 date=1261523982

This. And the way they change the colour to match who is playing is awesome   :D
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 29, 2009, 06:36:45 AM
Reply #24

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
The old National Stadium (Cardiff Arms Park) in Cardiff was awesome for atmosphere - the Millenium Stadium, though pretty god is not apatch on the old ground. Loads of pubs within a 2 min walk tho. Happy days
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 29, 2009, 06:38:33 AM
Reply #25

Endless, Nameless

The new NFL stadium in Dallas is massive. It has the world's largest HDTV hanging in the middle. Cost $1.15 billion to build.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboys_Stadium

Fuck me... that TV just emasculated me and my E-penis   :-\
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 30, 2009, 01:44:41 AM
Reply #26

Ur Mum's Athletic

Imagine taking a pen in front of that stand at Dortmund! You'd be shaking like a shitting dog.
The mong on the bus supports Liverpool...check out the merchandise!!

December 31, 2009, 02:50:42 PM
Reply #27

Derek

That is the main stand mate. The stand opposite is the new stand, that's what you'll be thinking of.

Small world, I work about 2 minutes from there.  :thumbsup:

Aye, but more impressive the new one, though!

Where are you working? I lived in Dumfries for a while for the last few years of High School, buggered off a long while ago but my folks have stayed.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 31, 2009, 06:21:11 PM
Reply #28

Sharky

The atmosphere is second to none in Rivacre Park

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

December 31, 2009, 08:29:01 PM
Reply #29

bloody scally

Rungrado May Day Stadium