September 21, 2019, 05:18:57 PM

Author Topic: Come on Benfica!  (Read 3787 times)

April 02, 2010, 01:33:27 AM
Read 3787 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 02, 2010, 01:43:51 AM
Reply #1

Tony Clifton

No, I want them marching, scarf waving, badge jangling nonces to go all the way to the final, and get stuffed, thanks.  And while they're at it, get fucked in the sheriff's badge with a load of counterfeit tickets , storm the gates, and then get beaten to a pulp with blunt objects by a random Bulgarian.
Bitter?  Me?  Get to fuck. 

April 02, 2010, 02:03:17 AM
Reply #2

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I think they might get a result tonight, possibly a draw.  Hope I'm massively wrong though.

April 02, 2010, 02:13:40 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Another Gerrard dive.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 02, 2010, 02:15:07 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

April 02, 2010, 02:19:43 AM
Reply #5

DannyR

:titanic: come on benfica

April 02, 2010, 02:32:09 AM
Reply #6

Amata

They have already created and wasted about 5 good chances.  When they carved us open they scored 5, people are missing their shooting boots tonight.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

April 02, 2010, 02:37:31 AM
Reply #7

Amata

Babel off now after some confusion.

April 02, 2010, 02:39:17 AM
Reply #8

bravison

He did touch his face but it's still never a red card in my opinion. We'd be furios if it would happen for an Everton player - how many times have we seen Arteta do it for example? Hope Benfica can take advantage of it though, they should have scored already.
Bring back Beattie!

April 02, 2010, 02:41:40 AM
Reply #9

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
It was a soft red however he deserved it for utter stupidity.  Pushing another player in the face twice when you're having to reach round the ref to get to him is probably the most retarded thing you could do, so in that sense he fully deserved it.

April 02, 2010, 02:45:28 AM
Reply #10

Amata

I think Benfica may convert they're 15/16 chance eventually.

April 02, 2010, 03:09:45 AM
Reply #11

Purple Aki

I think Benfica may convert they're 15/16 chance eventually.
"their"

April 02, 2010, 03:26:04 AM
Reply #12

chang

Benfica will win by 6 goals, then get thrown out for their fans lobbing explosives on the pitch......FFS

That is not right no matter who they are playing!

April 02, 2010, 03:57:02 AM
Reply #13

Thom

Administrator
My dad and brother have both said Liverpool have been pretty poor, but it could be worse. At least they've got an away goal to take back to Anfield, and they don't have to overcome a large deficit... though it does sound like Benfica should be 4/5 goals to the good.

April 02, 2010, 05:54:20 AM
Reply #14

bluestevie

not one for defending that lot usually but they were robbed big time tonight, babel's red was stupid but similar to the one saha got against either sigma or athens earlier in the season. the two pens were harsh, the first one the guy was already falling before insua's challenge and the second carragher did have his hand up but it was ball to hand as he was on the deck. also the challenge on torres by luisao that led to babels stupidity should have been a straight red (or would have been if it was the premier league)

they have got a chance of getting through thanks to that class goal from agger but i think benfica may go to anfield looking to hold the lead and catch them on the counter
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson