October 18, 2019, 09:40:54 PM

Author Topic: Come on Benfica!  (Read 3811 times)

April 02, 2010, 12:59:49 PM
Reply #15

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Great goal by Agger by the way ....

April 02, 2010, 02:12:12 PM
Reply #16

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
not one for defending that lot usually but they were robbed big time tonight, babel's red was stupid but similar to the one saha got against either sigma or athens earlier in the season. the two pens were harsh, the first one the guy was already falling before insua's challenge and the second carragher did have his hand up but it was ball to hand as he was on the deck. also the challenge on torres by luisao that led to babels stupidity should have been a straight red (or would have been if it was the premier league)

they have got a chance of getting through thanks to that class goal from agger but i think benfica may go to anfield looking to hold the lead and catch them on the counter

I can't agree with that mate.  I think the ref got all the decisions mentioned right by the letter of the law.

Luisao should not have been sent off for that tackle, it was a blatant yellow card challenge.  I'm not sure why Graham Taylor decided that it should have been a red card - and in fact aren't English refs supposed to let more things go than the continental ones anyway, so I can't see that it would have been more likely to get a red in England?

Babel, whilst he didn't hit him in the face, still pushed him twice in the face.  I mean, it's not like people don't regularly get sent off for that so for him to do it like he did (having to push round the ref so he could push him a 2nd time ffs!) was complete stupidity and a red card was correct by the letter of the law.  Much like Saha's was tbf, although at least his was not right in front of the ref.

Both penalties were reasonable decisions too.  Aimar was clearly kicked through the back of the legs by Insua, yes he was already off balance but there's no escaping that Insua kicked him and got nowhere near the ball.  As for the Carragher one, he probably didn't mean to handle it but at the end of the day he had his arm raised high above his body and that stopped Benfica's cross from coming in to the area.  Probably not the most clear cut decisions you'll ever see, but both correct in my honest opinion.

April 02, 2010, 02:37:48 PM
Reply #17

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
link to the agger goal...... http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/5231582/   pity we didn't sign the boy  before liverpool did .......

April 02, 2010, 02:44:07 PM
Reply #18

fast lane

A pundit over here said yesterday that HSV (in their home stadium) against Liverpool would be the dream final...
Hope not.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

April 02, 2010, 05:07:05 PM
Reply #19

Gary Iceman

link to the agger goal...... http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/5231582/   pity we didn't sign the boy  before liverpool did .......

we went in for him and could have got him before the shite stepped in and then he chose to go to them.same with a few more players who chose them over us
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

April 02, 2010, 05:10:51 PM
Reply #20

Gary Iceman

even though im a biased cunt, i have just seen the goal and have to say it was a class finish
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

April 02, 2010, 05:47:21 PM
Reply #21

Bluenose 91

Piss poor marking, but great finish.  Especially for a centre back.

April 02, 2010, 07:34:49 PM
Reply #22

Sharky

Di maria was good tonight.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

April 02, 2010, 07:38:30 PM
Reply #23

Flusky

Piss poor marking, but great finish.  Especially for a centre back.

This. I wish they played that shit when they were stuffing us 5-0 and 0-2.

April 02, 2010, 08:14:28 PM
Reply #24

bluestevie

I can't agree with that mate.  I think the ref got all the decisions mentioned right by the letter of the law.

Luisao should not have been sent off for that tackle, it was a blatant yellow card challenge.  I'm not sure why Graham Taylor decided that it should have been a red card - and in fact aren't English refs supposed to let more things go than the continental ones anyway, so I can't see that it would have been more likely to get a red in England?

Babel, whilst he didn't hit him in the face, still pushed him twice in the face.  I mean, it's not like people don't regularly get sent off for that so for him to do it like he did (having to push round the ref so he could push him a 2nd time ffs!) was complete stupidity and a red card was correct by the letter of the law.  Much like Saha's was tbf, although at least his was not right in front of the ref.

Both penalties were reasonable decisions too.  Aimar was clearly kicked through the back of the legs by Insua, yes he was already off balance but there's no escaping that Insua kicked him and got nowhere near the ball.  As for the Carragher one, he probably didn't mean to handle it but at the end of the day he had his arm raised high above his body and that stopped Benfica's cross from coming in to the area.  Probably not the most clear cut decisions you'll ever see, but both correct in my honest opinion.

fair does mate not gonna argue that, each to their own opinion at the end of the day
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

April 03, 2010, 11:20:21 PM
Reply #25

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
we went in for him and could have got him before the shite stepped in and then he chose to go to them.same with a few more players who chose them over us
  I know  a lot was written in the danish papers about an interest from everton... agger was rather pleased then.....   some dithering gave liverpool the Chance to move in...

April 03, 2010, 11:23:10 PM
Reply #26

.Rimbo.

Anyone remember Benfica beating them 3-0 on aggregate in the CL about 4 years ago. I remember Enzo Maresca finishing it off at Anfield but can't remember who scored the other that night.

April 05, 2010, 04:59:47 PM
Reply #27

Bluenose 91

Anyone remember Benfica beating them 3-0 on aggregate in the CL about 4 years ago. I remember Enzo Maresca finishing it off at Anfield but can't remember who scored the other that night.

Simao wasn't it?  Fucking screamer as well if I remember correctly.

April 05, 2010, 10:19:05 PM
Reply #28

.Rimbo.

Simao wasn't it?  Fucking screamer as well if I remember correctly.

Ah, yes. Free kick I think.

April 08, 2010, 09:27:38 PM
Reply #29

Ong-Timus Prime

if you know yer history...