September 23, 2019, 07:27:49 AM

Author Topic: Favourite Non-Everton Match?  (Read 980 times)

April 04, 2010, 02:15:50 AM
Read 980 times

.Rimbo.

Tricky one. For me, probably Barcelona vs. Chelsea Champions League 2005 at the Bridge.

Dinho was at the peak of his powers then. Although Barca winning 3-0 at the Bernabeu around the same time was another great one.

April 04, 2010, 02:59:05 AM
Reply #1

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
2 that spring to mind straight away:

Turkey v Czech Republic from Euro 2008 - Turkey came back from 2-0 down and scored 2 in the last minute I think.  1 from a bad error by Cech and then a belting finish from Nihat to win the game.

Argentina v Peru in the world cup qualifiers last year.  The game itself wasn't that great, but the ending was just epic.  A biblical rainstorm, a shocking equaliser for Peru, a last gasp winner from Palermo, and even then Peru took a shot from the ensuing kick off which hit the bar.  Not to mention Maradona sliding across the pitch on his belly!  Well worth staying up late to watch that one.

April 04, 2010, 03:35:50 AM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

2 that spring to mind straight away:

Turkey v Czech Republic from Euro 2008 - Turkey came back from 2-0 down and scored 2 in the last minute I think.  1 from a bad error by Cech and then a belting finish from Nihat to win the game.

Argentina v Peru in the world cup qualifiers last year.  The game itself wasn't that great, but the ending was just epic.  A biblical rainstorm, a shocking equaliser for Peru, a last gasp winner from Palermo, and even then Peru took a shot from the ensuing kick off which hit the bar.  Not to mention Maradona sliding across the pitch on his belly!  Well worth staying up late to watch that one.

I remember that first one!