October 22, 2019, 10:19:39 AM

Author Topic: World XI?  (Read 2803 times)

April 08, 2010, 01:32:08 AM
Reply #15

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
--------------Casillas
Maicon Lucio Chiellini Lahm
 -------------Essien
-----Iniesta---------Xavi
Messi--------Villa-------Cronaldo

That's my first attempt, although I hate doing these teams as it's horrible trying to get a formation to suit your team so I've cheated a bit and just gone with the current Barca formation.

Would have Buffon as he is brilliant, but I think he's on the wane now and Casillas is now the best keeper.  Dani Alves is pretty over-rated in my opinion, and I say that as a fan of Barca.

I wasn't deliberately trying to exclude Premier League players, but Essien was the only one that got in my team.

April 08, 2010, 01:34:40 AM
Reply #16

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Villa is very good but I think he is better just behind the strikers and thus no place for him in the starting line up.

Villa is the best out and out striker in the world in my opinion.  His international record is phenomenal and that puts him in to my team.

April 08, 2010, 03:24:08 AM
Reply #17

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I would rate Evra and Cole ahead of Lahm. The striker one is a matter of opinion and conjecture. All world class players, Pick one I guess.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 08, 2010, 03:49:14 AM
Reply #18

Amata

---------------------Casillas---------------------------

Alves--------Ferdinand------Lucio--------Evra

----------------------Essien-------------------------

Ronaldo-------Iniesta---------Xavi----------Messi

----------------------Torres---------------------------
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

April 08, 2010, 03:53:37 AM
Reply #19

.Rimbo.

--------------Casillas
Maicon Lucio Chiellini Lahm
 -------------Essien
-----Iniesta---------Xavi
Messi--------Villa-------Cronaldo

That's my first attempt, although I hate doing these teams as it's horrible trying to get a formation to suit your team so I've cheated a bit and just gone with the current Barca formation.

Would have Buffon as he is brilliant, but I think he's on the wane now and Casillas is now the best keeper.  Dani Alves is pretty over-rated in my opinion, and I say that as a fan of Barca.

I wasn't deliberately trying to exclude Premier League players, but Essien was the only one that got in my team.

Don't agree with your centre-halves, Risky, but the rest is correct ;)