October 24, 2019, 03:30:15 AM

Author Topic: Mancs v Bayern  (Read 9590 times)

April 08, 2010, 03:57:39 AM
Reply #75

.Rimbo.

Fuckin' hell. Two words...Arjen Robben.

What an unbelievable strike that was. He could hit that in half a yard of the goal.

Made up :)

April 08, 2010, 03:59:51 AM
Reply #76

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Defending from the corner was poor though. Should of had a man on the far post.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 08, 2010, 04:00:02 AM
Reply #77

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
By all accounts Rafael deserved the red as both were bookable offences.

Yeah absolutely no doubt that either of them were yellow card offences.  It's a shame that Ribery in particular reacted to the 2nd one like he did because he's given moronic Utd fans (and their manager it seems) a ready made reason to explain why they got beaten.

April 08, 2010, 04:02:01 AM
Reply #78

Thom

Administrator
Great game, and a memorable goal from Robben that was good enough to win any tie.

Nice to see four different countries battling it out for the CL now, and also good to hear the ITV commentators blubbing over no English teams being present in the last four.

April 08, 2010, 04:54:26 AM
Reply #79

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
a world class winger and a stupid kid.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 08, 2010, 05:07:27 AM
Reply #80

Chazman

Great game but a bit disappointed.I wanted the Mancs to win it purely to get up the RS noses.I don't think they would have beaten Barca anyway
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 05:09:49 AM by Chazman »
"I fuckin love this club"

April 08, 2010, 09:04:57 AM
Reply #81

slothzen

Yeah I think Barca has this wrapped as of now.  Man Utd was the only team capable of beating them methinks.

April 08, 2010, 01:24:13 PM
Reply #82

Derek

Nah, Barca would beat the current Utd team hands down.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

April 08, 2010, 01:51:12 PM
Reply #83

fast lane

Psychology played a big part in this game.

The surprising return of Rooney had a devastating effect on Bayern.
The way Müller looked at him, the way the keeper and left-back played,  they were already 1-0 down.
Even worse, within 8 minutes they were 2-0 down.

Frank Ribery, not playing well again, had a major part to play in this match, goading Rafael, especially after his yellow. He ensured the young Brazilian got sent off, which turned the match around.

Then there was that strike from Arjen Robben, who was just about to be taken off, because of his proneness to injury.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

April 08, 2010, 04:08:26 PM
Reply #84

ilikebrunettes

Yeah I think Barca has this wrapped as of now.  Man Utd was the only team capable of beating them methinks.

United had less chance of beating Barca then Bayern, Inter or Lyon IMO.

Uniteds Midfield is just pathetic at that level, even before the sending off, in that 2nd half.. Bayern were keeping the ball for fun
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

April 08, 2010, 04:21:55 PM
Reply #85

Endless, Nameless

If Inter fall to Barca then there's no way in hell they'll not win it. Lyon and Bayern can't compete with them.

Tbh I don't think Inter are good enough, but Jose is a defensive master, so maybe they can keep them out.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

April 08, 2010, 04:23:35 PM
Reply #86

Derek

I reckon either Barca will steam roller them or Inter will win by a maximum of two goals over the two legs.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

April 08, 2010, 04:53:20 PM
Reply #87

ilikebrunettes

Barca should piss it, no question.

But never write off the Germans in a major final, they just know how to get the job done!
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough