October 17, 2019, 04:46:32 AM

Author Topic: John Terry  (Read 12340 times)

April 13, 2010, 02:07:06 AM
Reply #15

.Rimbo.

I honestly can;t see what the fuss is about.

Did he go for the ball? Yes.
Did he get the ball? Yes.

It was a bit reckless and warranted a booking, which he did get, and that's that. Milner was unlucky but this is part of football and you should probably stop moaning like a bunch of Wengers.

Special laughs are reserved for ILB who has an advanced case of Wenger vision, as Terry clearly immediately looks for the ball and doesn't even glance at Milner.

I'll admit this was my initial reaction. It's not the worst challenge I've seen. I'd agree with your term, "a bit reckless". It wasn't double-footed and the ball was bouncing. It wasn't like he went over the ball.

If it wasn't JT, I doubt everyone would be raving in here like they are.

April 13, 2010, 02:10:39 AM
Reply #16

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Are you actually retarded? The ball hits Terrys thigh, not his studs, that were firmly planted by Milners knee. look at the top vid, I could of sworn the ref wears black.

I told you once, if you want to "argue" by denying the evidence before your eye, do it with someone else.

His thigh is about half a yard away from the ball, when it gets deflected, and the referree (the one in the black, well spotted) is out of shot to the left (on the top video) when Terry looks towards the middle of the shot.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

April 13, 2010, 02:18:32 AM
Reply #17

ilikebrunettes

I'll admit this was my initial reaction. It's not the worst challenge I've seen. I'd agree with your term, "a bit reckless". It wasn't double-footed and the ball was bouncing. It wasn't like he went over the ball.

If it wasn't JT, I doubt everyone would be raving in here like they are.

its a fucking disgusting tackle, disgraceful in my eyes
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

April 13, 2010, 02:24:37 AM
Reply #18

DannyR

imo he got the ball well after the man

April 13, 2010, 02:24:57 AM
Reply #19

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
its a fucking disgusting tackle, disgraceful in my eyes

But then in your eyes every tackle is.

April 13, 2010, 02:26:38 AM
Reply #20

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I told you once, if you want to "argue" by denying the evidence before your eye, do it with someone else.

His thigh is about half a yard away from the ball, when it gets deflected, and the referree (the one in the black, well spotted) is out of shot to the left (on the top video) when Terry looks towards the middle of the shot.

Ive never argued over the internet and dont plan on arguing over some kids adultery commiting dad. That being said, he doesnt intend to win the ball, it deflects of his thigh. He was clearly looking for the ref.

April 13, 2010, 02:29:28 AM
Reply #21

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
You're right about him getting the ball, but he clearly felt some guilt after the tackle...hence his own  'injury' antics.

His follow through did look suspect to me.

I would be really worried if he didn't feel any guilt after crashing into someone.

Tackling is part of football, and accidents happen. I know it's hard to accept when in our everyday lives we live in a coccoon of health and safety, but football is dangerous and those people out there know it.

April 13, 2010, 02:31:07 AM
Reply #22

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
imo he got the ball well after the man

Again, just look at the video.

April 13, 2010, 02:31:57 AM
Reply #23

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Ive never argued over the internet and dont plan on arguing over some kids adultery commiting dad. That being said, he doesnt intend to win the ball, it deflects of his thigh. He was clearly looking for the ref.

I need no more questions, m'lud.

April 13, 2010, 02:34:24 AM
Reply #24

Optimistic Blue

Why would terry retreat his leg like he does it if he wanted to break milners leg?
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

April 13, 2010, 02:38:21 AM
Reply #25

Endless, Nameless

Why would terry retreat his leg like he does it if he wanted to break milners leg?

It doesn't look like he retreated his leg at all.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

April 13, 2010, 02:41:03 AM
Reply #26

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think he gets the ball with his foot first. It spins off his foot.

I don't think Terry would have wanted to injure a fellow England player either.

He normally just shags their women...
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 13, 2010, 02:53:46 AM
Reply #27

Thom

Administrator
If you lunge like that in football, then your studs will be showing. That said, it wasn't a great tackle and Milner could have been looking at some form of knee injury from it.

I haven't liked Terry since that blatant handball against us five years ago, but agree with the point about it being blown out of proportion because it's him.

April 13, 2010, 02:56:35 AM
Reply #28

Optimistic Blue

It doesn't look like he retreated his leg at all.

His leg goes from straight to bent during the point of impact, if hed have kept his leg straight it would of probably been a breakage
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

April 13, 2010, 03:10:08 AM
Reply #29

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Disgusting tackle. It was high with studs up. Red card offence, no doubt about it.

I don't hate Terry, he is a good footballer. As for the type of person he is? Besides Giggs, most footballers are idiots.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...